Yellowing spotted fan leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mothernature33, Sep 14, 2012.

1. What's up everyone, I'm about 5 weeks into flowering and I'm starting to have some problems. What do you guys think this could be?

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a calcium or magnesium deficiency. They both look very similar but the easy cure is buying some Cal Mag which contains that and other things like Iron. Stuff is a wonder supplement. You can add it to every watering as well. Plants eat it up.

3. Magnesium. Avoid feeding calmag after week 4 of flowers, cannabis begins to use its reserve mag towards the the middle of flower which is ideal...magnesium is more responsible for harsh smoke than Nitrogen.

Low PH will lock out Cal/Mag and P. Ammending your soil with fine dolomite lime before planting will pretty much solve these problems. Though, if using RO Water, you should feed CaMg periodically to keep everything up.

4. What about using salt or something. I can't buy anything new

5. To sow ground with salt was an ancient way of "cursing" your enemy's land! Salting the soil will kill all plant life!

6. Where would adding sodium solve cal/mag? Cheapest form of magnesium would be epsom salts, like $5 for a lifetime supply.

7. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']To sow ground with salt was an ancient way of "cursing" your enemy's land! Salting the soil will kill all plant life![/quote]

No? Using a teaspoon of Epsom salt for every gallon of water is most definitely a way to help magnesium deficiency if that's what it is

8. You didnt say epsom salt in your post, you just said salt. So we all assumed table salt, duh. Maybe you shouldn't ask a question you know the answer to.

9. Alright my bad

10. yupo looks like most def. cal mag cal mag is a heavy feeder make sure you check the run-off for flavour and balance and the add cal mag as needed. I like to keep my plants around the toilet while force feeding cal mag in case it is suddenly necessary to do a "whole plant" flush not best for the plumbing but it relieves the paranoia for a few minutes, totally worth it

11. Looks like ocean floor soil to me.

BeZ...V

12. I use it every feed and water as well.