Yellowing, Spots and twists. Opinions? w/pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Windlizard, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Ok, we are at four weeks now. I have yellowing leaves at the bottom, somee with more spotting than others, and a couple of twisted leaves on one
    They are in organic soil, Gardeners Gold
    Just repotted some 2 days ago, believing they could be too cramped, those have responded very well with a growth spurt,
    and yes clear bottles are now taped or foiled
    Was thinking some heat stress as temps were 81
    Changed fan now we are at 76 and 45% humidity
    CFL's 3 30 w and took out 42w, replaced w 26 to help bring temps down
    Ph 6.2
    These lower leaves do become crispy dry before I take them off
    Plants are rotated around for even exposure
    Nutes stopped 1 week ago, had used 1/2 strength Shultz 10-15-10
    I know there are lots of variables, that's why I'm asking you all to take a look.
    Any help is appreciated, thanks

Attached Files:

2. you want the ph to be between 6.5 and 6.8 for soil. That could be giving you slight lockout. I'd flush them with water that has a ph of 6.7-6.8 to up the ph. GL :)

3. Nice to hear from another Northeast grower, I have the Ph up and tester kit. This grow is second gen of last years outdoor to indoor grow, its a couple different bagseed strains. Waiting for the right height to flower and sex, there are 13 plants in veg right now. Going out now to get parts for my scrubber, Hope to have/make room for a small cloning table as we get into it.
    Thanks

4. 13 plants... sounds nice. :) The little over 100 watts your using isn't gunna be near enough for all those plants tho. Gunna want bout 100 watts per plant. Good luck with the scrubber

5. Hey thanks for the reply, we will use Ph adjusted water for next time. Looked at your pics, nice. What size are those pots and do they take you all the way to harvest? Yeah, 13's a lot but I'm just tryin to get a good selection, and take the best into flowering, have foster parents for the others. In my cabineet 4 would be pushing it. Got scrubber pcs, I have to say it's going to be a cheap ass engineering beauty, will post pics. Probably all done for under 25 bucks.

6. To my eye it looks as if the plants need a boost of Nitrogen (pale green color and low leaf yellowing are classic signs).

The twisting leaves are often a sign of Magnesium deficiency. This could be caused by a true lack of magnesium or possible nute lock-out from too low of pH. Either watering in or foliar feeding Cal-Mag should help.

Grasscity Deals Near You