Yellowing on one plants leaves and spots in the other + pictures/diary

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Muzt4nG, Jun 28, 2016.

1. #1 Muzt4nG, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    Hello everyone.

I have a couple of plants that are about 1 month and a half old. One has begun forming buds or pre flowers and has its lower leaves yellowing, which i do not know if it's normal or a deficiency. I applied a granular fertilizer a couple of days ago and it stopped but when i checked the plants today it appeared again.

The other issue that I have is that some spots have begun appearing on my other plant's leaves, pictures attached below.

Soil is 100% FloraGard. Nutrients are
    12% nitrogen
    11% phosphorus
    18% K2O potassium and not sure about the other values as the label is fucked. My friend gave me these as i can't afford other ones right now.

I applied 7 grams as the recommended was 15 per plant.

I have been LSTing one intensively and the other just bent the main cola recentl as you may be able to see in the pics.

I have a bit of a diary thread that went bunk but you can see the plant's progress there:

1st Time indoor grower 1 month into veg, advice/tips appreciated!

Your help will be very much appreciated, this is my first grow and I'm sure I'm making some mistakes lol

2. *my post duplicated itself*

3. I'd suggest adding a teaspoon of CalMag in with your feedings, and watch new growth to see how it responds.

4. Didn't read all the responses from your first post but I would have said more light and it looks like their desperately stretching towards the light so I'd rotate them or move the light over them.
    Said you were using miracle grow without nutes. When did you switch to the flora?
    They are Definately lacking in nutes

5. They are currently under 1 300W (like 160 real W) LED by galaxy hydro and 2 24w CFLs. The soil is FloraGard, Not MiracleGro. The light is about 6 inches above the plants and they have been stretching but I keep pulling them down with the LSTing, should I lower the lamp or let them get to it? I don't want the plant to get bleached or sunburnt.

I was reading online about homemade fertilizers as I don't have much money right now to buy adequate nutres and I was thinking of making a egg shell and wood ashes combo to help against the possible calcium magnesium defficiency. Should I do this or just hold off until I can get better nutes? The yellowing is still creeping up in the plant and it's starting to get to the medium fan leaves, not just the small useless ones at the bottom. I will make nutes my top priority now.

6. Sorry for the doublepost.

I just did some research and the brand General Hydroponics seems to be avaliable in stores around me. They have They have CalMag and nutes for vegging and flowering. Has anybody used this brand? I want to buy the barest minimum that I can, so some flowering and vegging nutrients, as well as the calmag. Is that gonna be enough?

This is the website of the store that Im looking at and they have lots of nutes but this seems to be like the brand they have the most of, is there any you consider more appropiate in there_

http://www.costaricahydroponics.com/fertilizers-and-supplements

I'm getting some money soon so I'll be buying nutes ASAP as the plants do seem to need them a lot.

Thanks for your help :)

7. Hello everyone!

Some updates:

I'll be buying a General Organics GO Box today to feed the plants, including the calmeg and their veg state nutrients and bacteria growth solution. Today I snipped some sick leaves from one of the plants, check them out. I also took some new pics of the plants for you to look.

With this stress growth has stopped and now yellowing is reaching the branches with early colas on them. I hope that applying the nutrients starting today will stop this.

Guys, I took photos of the colas very close. Are these early buds? I was planning on having the two plants flower together but the other one barely shows any sign of being a female (luckily not a male either), so idk if that is gonna be possible. How do these look to you?

Check out the leaves too if there is anything you can see on them. Some seem toasted for some reason. The pots right now are really light as I've been holding ofg watering until I get the nutes today.

I'll keep providing updates :)

btw, the LED is about 6 inches above the plants. Is this adequate? There is no documentation for that on this light D: