Yellowing of leaves in flower

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Grobro87, Sep 25, 2018.

1. #1 Grobro87, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Hello everyone, just joined the forum but have been using it as a referencfor a while. This is my second grow and I may or may not be running into some issues. I think I originally posted this in the wrong forum group... I’m growing a green crack strain in coco that is currently in week three of flower. I’m using a 800 watt led and following the attached feed schedule at feed, feed, water/cal mag. I used a LST Meath is to make the most of my limited grow space. My issue is that every day when I open my tent to water I find two or three yellow leaves. They’re mostly near the bottom middle of the plant. I water to a ph of 6.4 consistently. At first I thought this was a nitrogen deficiency but I’m still feeding it a pretty substantial amount of N. The location of the leaves also makes me think that it may be lack of light exposure. It may also be a normal event that happens as the plant is using up the nutrients to produce it’s fruit/flower. I was hoping to get a few of the gurus to chime in and give me some advice.

Attached Files:

2. Also, Should I be worried? Just wondering what I can do to mitigate this issue.

3. Ph is a little high for hydro. A range of 5.8 to 6.3 is ideal. You may be at the beginning of phosphorus deficiency, as well as not absorbing boron and manganese

6A1EDF0F-5E46-4B05-A704-9EB0F26D5FA9.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Maybe I’ll bump my oh down to 6.1-6.3. Do you ever check the ph of your runoff? (Not an actual slurry test)

5. Periodically. I’m on a drip system with 55 gall res, with a table that drains into a gutter so all plants runoff combine into shop vac 10 minutes after each feed, 2-3 times a day

6. I just ph my res to 5.5. By morning it’s 5.7-5.8, and I let it rise to 6.3ish throughout the week before bringing it back down. This way I cover both sides of that 6 ph magic number for uptake

7. That makes sense, I’ll start trying to hit a wider spectrum on the ph scale to avoid certain deficiencies. Thanks a lot for your help! Hopefully that solves my issue. Is dropping a few leaves here and there normal in flower or should I be more concerned? What I mean to say is, do you think after I adjust my watering practices will I stop losing ALL leaves? Again, I appreciate the help and feedback I’ve been receiving.

8. Losing leaves under the canopy is normal. The bigger the plant the more it will lose.

Most of us are here to help bud. I enjoy it. Seeing a couple new guys I’ve helped about to go into flower for their first time. I can’t wait until they harvest!!!

• Like Like x 1