Yellowing of leaves in flower

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jmclnhn5, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Hello everyone! So I have a plant that is about 3 ish weeks into flower, and a lot of the leaves are starting to turn yellow. I was watering from above, until I saw that the area I was watering was getting yellow. The yellowing is very similar looking to a potassium deficiency, and often is a lot more noticeable on one half of the leaf than the other. It's in fox farms ocean forest soil, and I use ff nutes as well. It's about 16 inches away from a 400w hps light, in a 3 gallon pot.
    So my questions are:
    1. Did watering the leaves with the nutes cause this? I'm only using about 1/8 of a tsp per watering.
    2. Could watering the leaves and then putting them back under the light have caused this?
    3. On 2 or 3 of the 15 colas on this plant, the stigmas are turning amber/brown, is this related?
    Thanks for everyone's answers in advance, and the more info the better!
    P.s. the runoff is about 5.6 from 7.0 water, but it's been that since I got the soil and it's been growing fine until now.

Attached Files:

2. Could be a calmag def with leaves going yellow in that way. Is there one side of the plant that is getting the light more? When you say watering leaves do you mean watering the actual leaves? Them buds that have turnt so early is odd

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. I got leaves going like that but it's due to not having enough penetration of light through the canopy so it's been fine and I just removed died leaves

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. #4 jmclnhn5, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Well it's the middle leaves usually, and it also seems to sometimes be getting yellow in the spots that are getting hit by light. The top 3 or 4 leaves are still a dark green. The light is pretty evenly spread. And I just mean watering the plant from above and the leaves get wet rather than just watering the soil.

5. I don't think it's light burn though, as I have kept it the same distance this whole time, and the very top leaves are dark green.