Yellowing of leaves and tips

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Timithin, Feb 6, 2017.

1. The smaller plants are around 3 weeks old, and the bigger ones around 5 weeks, they are in 1.5g pots and will be moved to 5 gal very soon. the big one has been having yellowing on the leaf tips on new growth, and also older leaves turning that same wilted yellow dead as the little plants' lower leaves.
    Ph level is sitting at 6.8 roughly and the temp/rh is shown. using a 400w MH light at 12"
    My last and only feeding was 2 days ago but the damage was done beforehand.
    Most likely a nutrient deficiency, or something to do with the pot size, but i'd like to just hear some suggestions.

Attached Files:

2. Nute burn imo

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the suggestion but as I stated my last and only feeding with nutes was recent, but the plants looked the exact same before I did it

4. Soil contains nutes. Ffof soil for example often burns plants without ever feeding them. What soil do you use?

Yellowing new growth, old growth yellowing and drying up, yellowing tips of leaves, are all signs of nute burn.

Also notice that the smaller plants are the most effected.

5. Thanks for the info! im using ProMix HP( High Porosity Growing Medium | PRO-MIX HP ). and the bigger ones were quite effected but i read somewhere to trim the dead leaves so i've already done that to them.

6. Since you already fed them just keep an eye on them over the next few days.

if it gets worse, I'd say flush and only water for a week or so.

If it gets better then problem solved :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Straight water feed for next few weeks.... The old growth will never get green again.... You are looking for the new growth to correct itself......

But that's 100%nutrients burn

• Like Like x 1
  8. Agreed, after posting I thought about mentioning any currently affected leaves will not improve...But then I didn't :d