Yellowing mid flower

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Whilder, Aug 22, 2013.

1. #1 Whilder, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
    So i understand that leaves turning yellow during flower is supposed to happen but im almost 100% sure this is something wrong seeing as this is my only plant doing this.  I figured it was a nitrogen defect but looking at my plants today I see some of the bottom leaves are still green and one of my main colas is turning alll yellow.  Its in crap soil but I tried giving some N in my feeding but I dunno what to do. Far left baby you can see all the yellowing leaves.  This is a little over one month into flowering.

Attached Files:

2. I am actually having a problem like that am 26 days so nearly 4 weeks flowering and am having some major yellow leaf problem and dont know what it is..?
    Here is a pic; image.jpg image.jpg

3. That 2nd pic ain't mine don't know how that ended up there..?

4. It is WTF is going on..? Blaming it on this iPhone piece of shit !!!!!!!!!!!

5. #5 TheAnswer121, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
    without knowing too much info on ur setup this looks like nute burn. as the plant flowers, it pulls nutrients from the leaves which are used for bud production. perfectly normal. if you are concerned or if it worsens (not yellowing but overall health) consider adding some N

edit: first pic looks a little heat stressed and 2nd pic is getting there as well

6. Anybody..? A lil help would be nice guys.!

Yep, a little helps from folks like you would be nice also. Observe below:

We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

8.  What type of medium? soil or hydro?-Soil
    What brand and type of soil?-Biobizz Light mix
    Indoors or outdoors?-Indoors
    What strain?-Greenhouse seeds-Super Lemon Haze
    How old are the plants?-28 Days VEG-Currently 30 Days Flowering so 58 Days old in total
    What type of lights and how many watts?-400W HPS(no cooltube) duel spec HPS bulb
    How far from the lights?-About 13"/18" away
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?-My schedule is FEED-N/A-WATER-N/A-FEED-N/A.....etc etc. Usually every 2-4 days from cooled kettle water, unless I flush which I do in the shower
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?-Usually every 2-4 days it gets 3ml/PL of Biobizz Biogrow(NPK 4-3-6 ), 2ml/PL of Biobizz Biobloom(NPK 2-7-4) and 1ml/PL of Biobizz Topmax(NPK 0.1-0.1-0.1)
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?-Don't have to as the soil and nutes adjust the medium by itself
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?-84.5f-89.5f   40%-50% RH
    What size pots?-11 Litre think that's about 2-3 gallon not too sure.
    Any bugs? Look real close.-No not any I check every watering and take some fan leafs and check them in great detail
    Any other pertinent info? N/A

9. #9 mmman, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013

Many times folks lighten up on the Nitrogen, assuming the plant need less as it's flowers. The plants still needs nitrogen. Looks like N is your issue.

10. It needs more N ? Coz I just reduced the N by 2ml/PL the last feed but u say more is needed..? I maybe thought I was giving it too much N but it actually not enough kl man thanks a up it back up...!

11. So i adding more N to the mix 4ml / pl but it seems that its not helped, it's actually got worse in last couple of days and it's gettin really close to my buds which i REALLY don't want affected so what should i do now i was thinking FLUSH ??

12. You say you don't need to check ph, you should do a run-off measurement.

13. Yeah a dun the PH testing thing at the start of my grow it was usally between 6.2-6.8 so when i found out that i dont have to do it i stopped, so a dont see the need for it but al check the run off tomorrow when i feed her..! Al come back here and tell u the result k bud ;) thanks..!

14. So i flushed, took a PH reading and as i thought perfect 6.5/6.8 but does'nt hurt to check i guess, i also stipped all the yellow or yellowish leafs off the plant this will help know if it's spreding or not but 2 things i noticed while i was doing this 1. A lot or red stems dont know what that is ?? and 2. I noticed a quite a lot of amber hairs on the buds i would say 5% and its a 9-10 week plant and this is only 2 days away from the start of week 6 so at least 3-4 weeks left is this normal..? Thanks in advance for any advice..!!!

15. As to your second question: yes, it's normal. As to your first issue, I still thing the plant needs some N.

16. Ok am gona wait a few days till the plant drys out then am gona try using MG plant food NPK 24-8-16 u think this would be ok to use it has a high N content..?

17. I would give it one dose and see how it responds in a few days, then as the plant assimilates more of the nitrogen you'll begin to see more color return to the plant. Leaves that are too far gone will continue to fall. If I were you, I'd not wait that long to feed, I'd simply run some though the plant now until it barely runs through.

18. Yeah but i flushed it to stop any futher diffecincy, therz not 1 yellow leaf on it at all i stripped EVERY one off including any leaf with yellow on it at all, to see if will spread, but al make a feed up for tommorow let it dry out a little at least..! What about the red/purple stems ??

19. Nothing to worry about, harvest is coming soon.

20. 4 weeks ain't soon :( lol i just hope it does'nt die before then, it is worrying me quite a bit TBH but fingers crossed it survives till the end..! Thanks for ur help buDee !