Yellowing leaves?!?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WV_24, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Anyone tell me why the bottom leaves are turning yellow? This plants is about 16 days old and just noticed the bottom leaves are yellowing. All I've given them is GrowMore seaweed extract. They are in FFOF soil growing under a led 300w UFO light about 2 feet away. Any advice would help a lot! Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Usually indicates a mobile nutrient like Nitrogen deficiency. Can be caused by a few issues. I suggest you start there and look into it yourself and learn some.

3. Well it's my first grow and a beginner that's why I was asking for help so I don't fuck up my plant thinking it's one thing and it's another

4. Looks like the beginning of nitrogen deficiency, when are you planning on transplanting? If you're gonna put it New soil soon then you should be fine, that is if you're using a good soil lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Transplanting tomorrow or within the next couple days, I use FFOF

6. I have some general hydroponic flora series nutes, should I give them some of that see how it responses or wait to transplant?

7. Pick up some Alaska Fish Fertilizer for the veg stage....it's like 8.00 for a bottle that will last u forever.....plenty of nitrogen in it and almost impossible to burn ur plants with it....I use FFOF as well and have never had a nitrogen issue...beware of the rancid smell when u mix it up though haha

8. Well maybe it's my ph? Locking out nitrogen? It's normally around 6.9

9. I wouldn't. Just go ahead and transplant.

10. 6.9 won't hurt u, at least it shouldn't....mine stays around 6.5 or so...that fish fertilizer I mentioned will lower ur PH as well...as long as ur between 6-7 on ur PH u shouldn't have any PH related issues

11. Remember you also need a proper wet dry cycle. As soil dries the pH swings to allow proper nutrient uptake. You are also using soil, organic at that. It buffers pH on its own. As organic matter decays it creates ions that buffer pH.

Just up pot it and it will be fine. Looks like its in a solo cup. It has used the nitrogen already.