Yellowing Leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SteveyG4, Aug 20, 2012.

1. My plants are about four months old and are in pretty good shape. But recently the leaves near the bottom are turning yellow and making the plants look sick. We've had a lot of rain recently in the area, only about four days without in the past two weeks. I havent watered them in that period but could it still be from too much water? Also at the very top of one of the plants the leaves are turning purple. Whats does that mean. Please help. I can post pictures if needed.

2. It's a lot easier to tell what the problem is with pictures.

3. Here are the pictures of the leaves, and the one plant that is turning purple. Also there seems to be something wrong with the base of the stems, which i posted about in an eariler thread and was told to just cover up with dirt, but its still spreading. Do you know the answer to these problems. I hope this reached you fast.

Attached Files:

4. could be a phosphorous deficiency. have you added any nutes?

5. With lots of rain it is more likely a slight sulfur deficiency.

6. Looks like you need to add nutes.

7. Its in a miracle grow soil the feeds the plants up to six months, besides that they were grown all natural. What do i need to add, and where can i get it?

8. [quote name='"SteveyG4"']Its in a miracle grow soil the feeds the plants up to six months, besides that they were grown all natural. What do i need to add, and where can i get it?[/quote]

Miracle grow is a no no. When people said they use it, it burns their plants. I usually tell them to flush the soil before they use it. So this may be your problem. But it sort of looks like a nitrogen deficiency to me.

9. I just did some research of my own and i found it was very similar to nitrogen deficiency. This is my first grow and i do not know the keys to growing yet. Whats the best way to fix nitrogen deficiency if it is that?

10. [quote name='"SteveyG4"']I just did some research of my own and i found it was very similar to nitrogen deficiency. This is my first grow and i do not know the keys to growing yet. Whats the best way to fix nitrogen deficiency if it is that?[/quote]

Buy the fox farm trio. An read their feeding charts. You mix it with the water. But start with 1/4 the recommend dose at first. Good luck.

11. I gave you everything you need. N is not your only problem. Read don't just look at pictures.

12. [quote name='"fayn2madness"']

I gave you everything you need. N is not your only problem. Read don't just look at pictures.[/quote]

diagnose sick marijuana plants by picture. That's what you told him to do is look at pictures.

13. quote it
    where did I say look at pictures?

14. [quote name='"fayn2madness"']

quote it
    where did I say look at pictures?[/quote]

You gave him a link that said exactly that. N said I've given you everything you need. I'm not gonna argue about it. It's no big deal but he just used what you gave him an thats what he came up with.

15. You are acting like an ass and I get the feeling you know it.
    This dude is trying to learn and you are trying to sell him Fox Farm products and show off. You are in competition and I am trying to help. Got something, show it or shut the hell up.

16. #17 muney420, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    [quote name='"fayn2madness"']

You are acting like an ass and I get the feeling you know it.
    This dude is trying to learn and you are trying to sell him Fox Farm products and show off. You are in competition and I am trying to help. Got something, show it or shut the hell up.[/quote]

I'm not trying to sell anything. And you are a little defensive calm down there buddy. I'm actually giving him advice. Not just posting links to stuff he could have found with google.

17. I didnt just look at pictures. I read too. And it listed multiple sypmtoms that my plants have. Besides nitrogen deficiency, what else are the problems and how can i fix them? And where can i get the fox farm trio?

18. [quote name='"SteveyG4"']I didnt just look at pictures. I read too. And it listed multiple sypmtoms that my plants have. Besides nitrogen deficiency, what else are the problems and how can i fix them? And where can i get the fox farm trio?[/quote]

Any hydro store. Or ralyes supermarket. I think you got ph problems to.

19. Well i live in a small town, so i might have some problems finding that. And ive never tested the ph. Will the trio treat the other problems fayn said i have?