Yellowing Leaves.... What exactly is the Problem?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Veterror, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Hello Guys. I have 3 Blueberry, 2 White widow, and one afghan plant growing in my 6 Bubbleflow Bucket Setup, Basically a constant flow DWC System. This is the last week i am Vegging them Before switching to Flowering. 3-4 days ago I flushed the System out and increased my Nutes. I am using Technaflora Recipe for success. The last Batch of water was about 900 PPM, The Week Previous to that 700PPM. The last change I did i went up to 1200PPM. My pH is constant around 5.8. My blueberry Plants have been growing great, they still are but i have noticed some yellowing in the middle to upper leaves. I have included a pic or two. What is this? What is going on.

Another thing i want to state is i have also switched from 24/7 lighting to 20/4 Lighting during the last nute mix.

Please Take a look and tell me what you think.

:(

Attached Files:

2. I have done some research and I feel it is either Mag Deficiency, or Too much light?

3. test the PH before adding supplaments for the defiiancy

6.5 -6.7

4. Not mean to hijack but im having the exact same problem and was about to make a thread. i just moved my plants under a 600w cooltube about 4 days ago so the too much light might be it. i hope some guru can enlighten us

5. The thing is, I have been using the 600w Lights for a few weeks and the color was Very Green, Plants looked Great! Then, Nute Change and Switched to 20 on/4 off instead of on 24/7. So I don't quite understand why this would be a problem now. I did move my lights up a bit, Gunnarig, I suggest you Move your lights up to until some "Guru" Answers and helps us.

Hotstormy, My pH is exactly 5.8, this is the pH Everyone has reccomended. Are you saying it should be at 6.5-6.7??? This would be the first I heard of it.

6. you are right vet-- typing too fast and sliping up

7. hehe, np Hotstormy. But do you have any opinion on what this is? Mag Deficiency? or too much light? or something entirely different?

8. i have the same thing its most likely due to your PH being off its Cal/mag Defiency

9. what are your temps of the room? this happens to me when switching from cfl(veg) to 600hps(flower) and my conclusion is that its burning the surface of the leaf because of the temps and intensity of the light. the room temp could be 75-80 but the light hitting the surface of the leaf will increase the leaf temps and they will burn and look like that after a few days. ive seen it a couple times now.

otherwise id consider it being a cal/mg problem. do you use any micro nutes and cal/mg?

10. Looks like burns I've had same as panda said, also dwc will get plant moist and aid burns if not well vented and I'd keep fan on it, also looks a bit saggy,, what are you doing as far as airstones ?

Not saying it's not a deficiency,, but looks dam close to what I've seen :)

11. He`s probably thinking of soil grow and yours is hydro. Whats your most recent PH reading? Hydro 5.5-6.1 with 5.8 being the safe zone. Are you using any Calmag? By the wya its not to much light just make sure your light is far enough from the plant so it dont burn it. CFL`s can be much closer but HID lights need to be farther away since they generate more heat then other types of grow lights. Also what are your temps at canopy level and humidity?

12. I have been running them under 24/7 600w, this problem only started when I added new nutes and switched to 20/4 light schedule.

I use Technaflora rcipe for success, I use MagiCal additive, so i cant see why it would be a cal or mag deficiency, but i am not ruling anything out.

I did Move my lights up alot since the start of the problem....

13. I am growing in a 4x4 tent, I have an inline 150cfm fan with active carbonated filter that also cools the light while extracting air. Air moves in from the bottom of the tent. I also have one Circulation fan. as far as air stones go, I have an air stone in each of the 5 gallon buckets. and an air pump big enough for me to expand to more buckets. My temp is usually 75 F.... so any suggestions?

14. How far away from my plants should i Put my Air Cooled 600w HPS light? I have raised them since i first saw the yellow. Temp at plant level is usually 75 F. Would be cooler, But heat wave has raised it a little. Humidity is 55-60%

15. Hold your hand at plant level and if its to hot for your hand then its to hot for your plant then raise the light and repeat till its not to hot for your hand. As for humidity its a little high, 30-50% is a good range.

16. adding more darkness shouldnt do that to the leafs, if the only other thing that changed was the ppm of your nute solution id suggest its just that.. same water?same water temps? same lighing and same distance from the plant and it looks like that.. idk what else to think about it..

it def looks like burning from the lights. how does the top growth look? when i had this happen, it was in the middle of the plant, with the largest sun leafs. they would get discolored spots eventually turning yellow, twisting leafs that inverted(like an upside down canoe shape), and they became brittle and crispy also after some time. after a few days it got used to the light and new growth came out fine.