yellowing leaves please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ketchup blunt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hey everybody well i have 2 medusa plants under a 400 w hps. i have them in miracle grow soil that already has fertilizer in it. they are about 3 weeks into flowering and coming along nicely but theres starting to be a lot of yellowing leaves happening. it started at the bottom of the plant with just a few but its starting to move up and some of the larger fan leaves are yellowing. i've just been cutting them off as they turn yellow. other then the yellowing the rest of the plant seems to be fine. they're still growing like crazy !!! lol anyway any help would be appreciated. p.s. i can't post any pics sorry for the inconvenience.

2. This is pretty normal during the flowering stage of the plant, some of the leaves will turn yellow and die because the plant is putting more of its energy into growing the buds. As long as the rest of the plant looks fine and its growing well still you should be alright. Could be a ton of different things though, but most likely just natural.

3. I have heard of this before and it makes sense but the yellowing seems to be very rapid so i'm starting to think that it might be something to do with the fertilizer. Maybe underfertilized/overfertilized. like i said i'm growing with miracle grow potting soil with ferts already in it. thanks for the help

4. i grew quit a few plants in the miracle grow soil and the same thing happened to me. i was afraid to give it too much ferts cause it already had ferts in it but i finnally went ahead and gave one plant ferts as soon as i put it in flowering and it was nice and that solved the problem and i got a bigger yeild. since u don't have any pics i cant say your problem is exacly like mine, and i would hate to be responsible if youre plants died. but that was my experience. good luck

5. make sure you have your pH level correct as well. if thats not good, you'll def. have nute issues. 6.5 is a decent all around number. you could also chemical flush them, and then give only a moderate does of some npk nutes, maybe even a dash of some micro nutes as well. it should clear everything up real nice

6. thanks for the help everyone, i added in some fertilizer because the leaves just continued to turn yellow and now the bottom of the plant is almost bare except for the little buds . they are flowering nicely so i 'm hoping this won't be much of a problem. if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated thanks

7. to add to my stress i found little white bugs in the soil today. i put sticky traps and sprayed the plants with neem oil foliar spray and sprayed around the pots and the soil so hopefully that will control it. i had a huge bug problem during my last grow so hopefully i caught this one in time. i have a feeling that they're either spider mites or aphids...hopefully aphids lol anyway just an update