Yellowing leaves during flower?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Hologram Panda, Aug 24, 2012.

1. My plants leaves are starting to turn yellow and die/fall off. Temps are around 90 degrees 40-50% humidity pics below

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Getting worse guys any idea??

3. Post whole-plant pics for a solid diagnosis. Pics showing the tops, bottoms and entire plant are often necessary to know what's going on.

4. Damn i deleted the ones on my phone. I will post them when i get out of class. Btw i bought some Shultz plant food npk 10-15-10 added a little last night about half of the recommended dose

5. Nitrogen toxicity.

It's not the yellowing leaves which you should focus on, it's the dark green waxy clawed foliage which is the first sign of too much nitrogen. In turn that locks out potassiium which caused the foliage on the middle of your plant to yellow and drop.

What nutes are you feeding, what's the NPK on them and at what strength.

Also, what are your lowest night temps?

6. What have you been feeding them?
    What's in the soil?
    How much and how often do you water?
    What water do you use?

7. [quote name='"TheWatcher"']Nitrogen toxicity.

It's not the yellowing leaves which you should focus on, it's the dark green waxy clawed foliage which is the first sign of too much nitrogen. In turn that locks out potassiium which caused the foliage on the middle of your plant to yellow and drop.

What nutes are you feeding, what's the NPK on them and at what strength.

Also, what are your lowest night temps?[/quote]

Thanks for your input mane. Im feeding it Schultz concentrate plant food 10-15-10 just started it at a quarter of recommended dosage and half dose the watering after that. During the dark period temps get around 73-80+ degrees depending if the air is on.

8. [quote name='"Jellyman"']What have you been feeding them?
    What's in the soil?
    How much and how often do you water?
    What water do you use?[/quote]

Look up one post for the feeding.
    The soil is a bit of mystery mix. I believe at first it was in Miracle grow. The. I transplanted into a 5 gallon bucket and filled it up with a little schultz garden soil.
    I usually use bottled water. But switched to tap because it took to long fill up my jug :p im gonna switch back to bottled i think.

Tested the soil today its at about 7.0 for its p.h. I will post the other tests when they finish.

9. Yea that's nute lockout you should flush

10. It's notbe the water.. and your temps are alright. The soil I'm not familiar with.

The nutes are wrongly balanced and you're feeding too much of them. You might have got away with them if you'd used them at a much lower dose but really you want something different. 3-4-5 is a typical flower feed.

If you're in a good soil you won't need any feed at all for a couple of weeks. Just plain tepid tap water. If you pot up, the new soil will keep them going another couple of weeks. When the plant starts to get hungry, then start to feed at a low dose and go gently from there. Dark green waxy foliage and clawed leaves are a clear sign of overfeeding. If you see that, just give water for a couple of feeds then when you feed again make it a lower dose.

You won't fix your plant on this run, that's the bottom line really. What you can do is get yourself a better feed (one for veg and one for bloom) and ask for recommendations on a good reliable compost for your next run and go more easy with the nutes.

11. [quote name='"TheWatcher"']It's notbe the water.. and your temps are alright. The soil I'm not familiar with.

The nutes are wrongly balanced and you're feeding too much of them. You might have got away with them if you'd used them at a much lower dose but really you want something different. 3-4-5 is a typical flower feed.

If you're in a good soil you won't need any feed at all for a couple of weeks. Just plain tepid tap water. If you pot up, the new soil will keep them going another couple of weeks. When the plant starts to get hungry, then start to feed at a low dose and go gently from there. Dark green waxy foliage and clawed leaves are a clear sign of overfeeding. If you see that, just give water for a couple of feeds then when you feed again make it a lower dose.

You won't fix your plant on this run, that's the bottom line really. What you can do is get yourself a better feed (one for veg and one for bloom) and ask for recommendations on a good reliable compost for your next run and go more easy with the nutes.[/quote]

Fersure man kinda disappointing but o well i guess i learned what i had too. Ill try flushing for awhile and start on nutes again in a few weeks. Hope this still comes out as a good smoke.

12. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']Yea that's nute lockout you should flush[/quote]

I will try it out manee

13. Ok got the results...kinda confused though. The k test came out as "K4" the highest on the chart.
    The p test came out as "P4" again the highest on the chart.
    But the N came out as deficient, or adequate somewhere in there

14. It's not surprising. The nutes are wrongly balanced and you've given too much of them. What you're testing is, I assume, what's in the soil. That's not what's available to, or what's in the plant, hence the term lockout. The fact there is an abundance in the soil doesn't mean the plant can take it up, and if it could, it would kill it outright.

Buy a better balanced feed next time and go easy with it and you won't see these problems again.

15. Quick question. How often should flush and how much realistically? Because ive read online that you should use about 3x as much water than your pot can hold. So 5 gallons of soil would be 15 gallons of water :O i tried looking up how often but couldn't really find a solid answer.

16. Me personally don't flush, all that water going through the pot at once is another issue for stress, I just Ph water @ 6.2 and just water as normal for couple weeks