yellowing leaves and brown spots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CommunistCola, May 17, 2017.

1. General hydroponics set for nutes every 3 waters as well as calmag, watering every 3 days. 300 watt led about ~10-15 inches away, as well as temps around 70-80 with humidity averaging around 30 to 40%. The brown spots are staying only on the main stem with the leaves closer to the top. 20170516_182712.jpg
    (brown spots/yellowing)

20170516_182731.jpg
    odd yellow markings, only on one side branch, I checked thoroughly and none of the other branches or main stem had any odd discolorations like this

What do you guys think? I have to start flowering her soon, don't want any problems before the transition.

2. Also to note ph is measured to 6.5 before waterings

3. Several questions. Is this your first grow? What are you using as a medium, Soil or hydro? Full pix of plant along with how may weeks veg/flower? Do you know what stain the plat is? Have you tested the runoff PH at the bottom of your plate after watering?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I haven't tested run off ph, I will do that after my next watering. As for weeks in veg i'd say give or take 10 weeks. the strain of the plant is White widow, and i've been using a soil medium from foxfarm. I will post a full picture in a second

5. I've had random discolorations like the yellowing you have on a few plants. On mine it wasn't nutrient based it's some kind of virus. Mine isn't TMV. It doesn't really effect the yield or health of the plant but I do get mosaic random yellowing on a few leaves every crop. I've given away plants of it and had to tell people "Pay no attention to the weird yellow leaves." It's not deficient. It just does that.

It could also be just mag deficiency starting.

As far as your rust spots. That's classic calcium deficiency. Either you're not giving it enough or you have ph off causing no uptake. Calcium absorption drops off about 5.8ph and lower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 20170516_191348.jpg
    20170516_191431.jpg 20170516_191519.jpg
    (I realized that upper yellowing was probably because of the led being close so I moved it up a bit)

7. Looks pretty good and healthy. You're doing good work. You just need to step up your game with training next time.
    Low Stress Training (LST) Tutorial | Grow Weed Easy
    [​IMG]

If you want explosive growth and more out of your yields I would suggest bucket DWC. I've grown side by side with promix. There is no comparison. Dramatically faster growth rate and a healthier plant with thicker stems and larger leaves. I've grown the same strain side by side with both methods. They don't really look like the same plant. It's surprisingly simple to learn and not expensive.

8. Yeah, I realized about LST'ing too late this was my first grow so next time I'll plan on doing it from the start. Thanks for the info btw.

9. The plant looks pretty good to me. You should've trained it some and opened it up so you get better bud development down low. If it's not happening on your new growth, don't worry about it. You'll have leaf die off all throughout the flower cycle and a few weeks before she finishes, you'll have a major leaf die off as the plant stops sending nutrition to the leaves and devotes it all to finishing the buds...totally normal. Mine end up looking like bud on a stick most of the time. But the thing looks fine to me. TWW