Yellowing Fringes, GigaBud Strain

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Insania, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Noticed this peculiar fringe/tip yellowing only on the new growth, only on the two colas closest to the light on this GigaBud strain.

These are G13 lab GigaBud clones from Oaksterdam, and while my current crop is 9 plants, I have three of these GigaBuds and all three show similar yellowing...although the pic is of the worst of the three.

To be clear, this plant has been directly under the 600W HPS lamp for the past four weeks, it's soil tends to dry out much faster than the other 8 plants surrounding it, and today it was somewhat limp, waiting for water. I tend to underwater more than anything, as it's a bitch to water these soil pots in the back of my shed; five days in between waterings/feedings. I can never be accused of overwatering. It bounces back within three hours of watering.

Ocean Forest soil, FoxFarm nutes every other watering per their posted schedule, and today on week 6 total, week 2 into flowering.

I use tap water, I've never once checked the pH of the water/soil, and have/had no problems with my other strains or other crops. This strain seemingly doesn't care for my setup.

Any suggestions at to what this issue might be? Can't imagine it being heat stress as I'm familiar with lamp burn...

Attached Files:

2. A lot of really good responses .this is why I come here

3. #3 transistor, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
    looks like light bleaching to me i would raise my lights a little bit see if it stops i had the same problem right now im in the 4 week of flower some might say a iron def but im an organic gardener so i not sure it is that. could be a cal mag def also

:wave:

4. I'm growing the same strain but from seed, and mine is very light sensitive so I would move the lights further.