Yellowing Fan Leafs 2 Weeks into Flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Closet Oasis, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Hey everyone,

This may be a dumb question but my 2 babies are 2 weeks into flowering and all of a sudden the fan leafs on the bottom half of the plant are turning bright vivid yellow. They are not dying and wrinkling up or drying out or anything, just turning bright yellow.

What is this all about and how do I stop it, or does it even need to be stopped? Ive heard that when plants are flowering sommetimes strange things like this just happen.

I give them all the nutes and superthrive that I can without huring them. Im using Jacks Original Blossom booster and superthrive, thats it. I also make sure my water sits out for 2 days before watering...

If anyone can help please do and I thank you in advance...

2. lack of nitrogen maybe?

3. Yellowing leaves normally means the plant is feeding off its own leaves for nutes, but look them over real good make sure you dont have something wrong and if not then add to the nutes a bit and see if that helps.

Yellowing leaves in flowering is normal and I too after awhile in flower start loosing the big fan leaves too, but never that soon, 2weeks? they have just shown sex right? Feed them more I would try it. Pics always help too, so post them if you still have issues, good luck.

4. Mine do that.

I figured out the right time to start using flowering nutes by watching the plant cannibalize itself.

I don't have to worry about it now, I just marked it on my little grow calendar and began using nutes then.

Get some high P rated nutes with a little bit of N

5. Yupp. Its all good !!!

Its the natural process of the plant, eating itself - in essence.

When I wuz a yungin, I used to freak out and think the plant was dyin,
    after all that work...then I got smart and started reading...

Now, when I see it, I get really excited (still) just knowing that behind those
    sucked-out, yellowing leaves - magic is happenin.

Be patient.

Keep up the P & K, with a little bit of N. 2 weeks before u figure shes comin down,
    stop nutes and do 1 flush a week.

Freak
    :smoke:

6. #6 Closet Oasis, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010
    Thanks for the replies guys, I hope it is just normal. I give them the amount of nutes that the bottle says to, should I add more? Im using Jacks Bloom Booster at 1/2 a teaspoon per gallon of water. Also should I cut these leafs off or leave them be? Im guessing that once they are completly yellow they are no longer helping the plant in any way, right?

No they didnt just show sex, I vegged for about 3 weeks longer after they showed sex. So I'd say they they were vegged for almost 2 months and they showed sex at around a month old. I Lst'd so thats why I vegged for longer. I wanted the side branches to catch up with the main stem.