Yellowing & dying Leaves...First Time Grower

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TegridySpecial, Dec 25, 2019.

?

What might be the cause?

Poll closed Jan 2, 2020.
  1. Over Water

100.0%
  2. Under Water

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nutrients Burn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Nutrient Deficiency

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. This 1000%.
    It was unnatural for me to get used to watering a plant so infrequently but it really helps root development to let the soil get *nearly* bone dry. If it won't rehydrate when watered then it's too dry. Testing the topsoil for dryness doesn't work well either. Water em and let em be, they've got everything they need to do their thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Definetly not the ewc bud. You can start a seed in that poo and probably even flower in it

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Roots get stuck by them and have to make 90 degree turns. And thats not good for roots

4. If also noticed if the plant doesnt reach veg state before the little round first life dies off, the plant usually dies

5. Ya im on a 2-3 day water schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Ya their are some pieces in my Fox Farm soil. Not thrilled about it. Any recommendations for better soil?

7. I like the pine bark chips!

I really don't know whats going in in this particular situation. I wish I could be of more help. My only initial thought was the mediums too dry. I try to never ever ever let my peat dry out, it's a nightmare . Im starting to water my 1 gallon seed popping containers twice a day like Coco

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Thanks man. You make a good point. I know a lot of first time growers overwater. But I have a shit ton of succulents and botanical plants. And the secret is to barely ever water those plants.

If anything, i let the soil get too dry. IMO i don’t need to create run off when watering these because im not feeding inorganic or any fertilize which would
    Otherwise creat buildup if not having run off.

I would prefer every other say waterings. What are tour thoughts? If I didn’t water as much as to create run offer and also allowing the roots to stretch and not be saturated, could i do daily or every other partial waterings?

9. Yeah alot of ppl on here will tell you to listen to the plants if they droop then water. If they start showing defecincy correct it

10. Says i cant message you direct?

11. I have the function disabled because there's a lot of confrontational members and I want to avoid all the drama. Chill vibes only

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1