Yellowing Dring Leafs Of My Small Plant

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by adam22r, Sep 9, 2014.

1. I'm growing northen light auto
    using biobizz lite mix
    temp 30ºC 86F in the day
    can't read humidity but I live in a very humid place
    and my plants are turning yellow and dring up I water when the soil dries up I stick my finger in the soil to see if it's dry one of my lamps was tuching one plant for a couples of hours and dry it up but my other plant is also drying up i have tried misting them  but hasn't worked I haven't used any nutes yet.
    when I water the water that comes out of the buttom isn't very muddy.
    This is my first grow and don't know what to do.

2014-09-08 01.17.50.jpg 2014-09-08 01.17.59.jpg 2014-09-08 20.43.53.jpg 2014-09-08 20.44.06.jpg 2014-09-08 20.44.42.jpg 2014-09-08 21.36.14.jpg 2014-09-08 21.36.51.jpg

the bigger of the two was the one that had the light on it

BTW im' using cfl's 120w in total I have also tried putting the lights further up but hasn't help

2. downwards curling looks like a sign of overwatering, was the curling there before the yellow leaves appeared?? if so then there's a big possibility it's overwatered. I assume yellowing of the tips is from flushing out all the good stuff via overwatering.. if you confirm this you might want to check for root rot.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/overwatering-cannabis

3. I think it's what sam said; as in overwatering. The humidity could be the cause, because my plants are in similar (worse) condition and it was very humid before and I had led lights pretty close to the plants to top it off... Didn't think light burn was true and since led doesn't produce a lot of heat I just put them right under the light. :\\

4. #4 Sam5a, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    I can suggest a solution but I need to consult a video clip and sites because I'm no expert, I would strongly recommend waiting for other suggestion. GC has good grow wizards that are pretty much active members. Besides, if the soil is wet or damped you are going to need to wait either way

5. Bingo! found it!

"Since humidity changes how much water your plants drink, being in control of humidity gives you increased control over nutrient intake."

http://www.growweedeasy.com/humidity#why-humidity-matters-cannabis-grow

If you can get a dehumidifier to drop the humidity to around 40-50%, your plant will be able to take in water from it's roots there for gets some nutrients.

I'm afraid you might need to wait for the plant to lift up it's leaves before watering it and cut the yellow edge off. this can wait, best see other's suggestions.

6. #6 adam22r, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    it started with the yellowing nd thy are crip dry
    I waterd them yesterday and it didn't seem to make it worse

7. I am very sure of, humidity above 70% can really harm your plant's growth and encourage molds and fungus. Bad thing also happens for low humidity below 40%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq9DjNAEk6k

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3193.html

If your girl is an Indica dominate strain, she is most likely not built to withstand high temperature.

Check your relative humidity at your location by typing 'relative humidity' and your city/town or closest area to you. Good ventilation and having a dehumidifier can help a lot if the humidity is too high.

best of luck

8. If just check out the humidity and today it was 78% but i have got Air coinditioning in my house so the humidity shund't be as high

(Sorry for my bad english)

9. Coud it be a N deficiency?

10. #10 rain dancer, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    Humidity above 60% invites mold

Mix dolomite lime with water. Let it dissolve and water with it the next time you water your plant.

Your soil looks bone dry.