YELLOWING Def or Lock out

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by halfa380, May 5, 2010.

1. Hi fellas.im growing soil,WW,Currently Vegging 74 days.2-84 watt CFL 2-120 watt CFL 4-30watt Flouro lamps all blue spectrum.temps 24-29 humidity low 20-30 rh.plenty of air circulation provided by a fan and a half.light cicle 24/7. Nutes-Miner magic 1.2.micro.its for hydro so im using it at half strength.THE PROBLEM.2 monthseverything was going fine, besides a little Mg def caused by Low Ph but i fixed it in time,Now Im showing a big case of N def, but im not sure if thats what it is.I need your opinion fellas greenthumbs.My plant is yellowing in the bottom and middle, and on top some leafs are showing little didcolorations,Growth is stunned. Run off Ph is 6.8.sorry for bad quality pics.

Attached Files:

2. 3rd pic what worries me the most.Looks like the whole batch is yellowing

3. looks underfed and pot bound in my opinion man.

those purple stems scream of stress.

4. so how can i fix the purple stem?people tell me that purple stem can be 2 things.N def or its a strain thing.Are you sure its underfed?and not a lock out? how can you tell that its pot bound?thanks a lot man, for a good clear and quick straight to the point answer.

5. you say the PH is 6.8 which should rule out a lock out imo.

as far as it being potbound? That's exactly when my plants look like when they get stressed from being potbound.. those woody purple stems.

the pots look a little small for that size plant.. and if your gonna flower in that same pot i think you may run into problems.

that's just my .02 dude.

it's your plants.. do as you please :)

6. lookin' good keep up the good work! can't wait for some :smoking:updates!

7. #7 halfa380, May 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2010
    Do lock outs occur at low ph?i thought its either lock out or salt build up.i thought something is depriving my girls of nutes.thanks a lot brotha you been a lot of help.The thing is why im skeptical about pot bound is that i repoted like a month ago.In to 8 litter containers.and there wasnt that much roots.ill check tonight.ill keep you updated.

8. the size of your container for now is fine, the thing that concerns me is the rapid yellowing of the leaves, i had this same problem bro. my problem was a nute burn and yours looks to be so if your feeding it nutes, i fixed my problem by giving my baby this stuff called clearex, it flushes any buts out of your plant and started feeding her fresh 6.5 ph water and my problem slowly fixed itself. and always remember if the leaves have more than 40% damage they are practically useless to the plant and taking up more useful plant energy.

hope this helps bro.

9. that for sure concurns me more and its definitly rapid.i ll check it out for pot bound tonight if its not it, then i dont know what it is. the thing is i ve been using half strenght nutes and didnt have the problem earlier, so i dont know what to think.the purple stem definitly shows stress as August said but the stems are not woody they are still soft.and doesnt nute burn shows as burned tips?

10. start feeding your crop fresh 6.5 ph water straight for about a week with no nutes to cleans the roots of any nuts it did have, why this? because if you were giving your crop full nutes at the time and this occured then its most likely a nute burn, just start flushing it with fresh water and im sure youll start to see a spurt in its health.

11. but what id its a def?then it wont get better.itll get worse.

12. just be patient, these are very tedious plant forms.

13. Kinda right.
    August West said it best...You need to repot, right away.
    You dont need to go to the medicine cabinet and start
    all kinds of treatments.
    Just repot and carry on as youre doing. Good job man.
    I guarantee you will see a new life come to the plants
    :wave:

14. I agree with AW. You said you were using hydro nutes in soil? I don't know if that particular brand is compatible with soil or not,......

might want to look into that too

15. yup.

re-pot
    water with some tap water
    leave it alone
    and within a week or so it'll all be fixed.

16. Thanks a lot guys, you been a lot of help.ill check root bound and take a pic for ya

17. i don't think any of us asked.. :eek:

what type of soil mix are you using?

18. It's root bound. As has been said, but here I am saying it again.

19. its good poting soil mixed with drainage balls.ph 6.5

20. i'd skip the balls and just do the potting mix and a little perlite (if there isn't any in there)..

are the balls just on the top or are they actually mixed in there?