yellowing/browning upper leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thatcelticsgame, Aug 26, 2012.

1. leaves at the bottom seem fine on this plant (not the one featured in my previous photo posts) which seems atypical. plant is nearing 2 months old and symptoms arose within the past week and only on the upper half of it. genetics are J. Random Bagseed for the entire lot. soil is miracle grow with at least half of the beads plucked out and preserved in a jar for later upon learning that they were excessive, lol. container is a wastebasket of about 2 gallons with holes along the bottom and the lower inch of the sides. ph is unknown because nobody at wal-mart could say whether they carry devices to measure this. -.-

Attached Files:

2. You wont find a ph measure tool at Walmart, Home Depot or Lowes. If you do youll find the strips which suck...made for pools and fish tanks.

Your local hydro store carries it or amazon.com which everyone should use anyhow since you dont pay sales tax and shipping is free half the time anyhow if you order enough!

Get one figure out your PH..that can have a crucial role..well it actually does. If you go outside the ranges that Cannabis likes..every plant type has a range then nutrient lock out can occur which results in deficiencies.

No reason to save the Mircle Grow Orbs...you should not use that soil at all for future grows.

3. for the last transplanting exercise i picked up some stuff called Ferti-Lome Ultimate Potting Mix at some specialty gardening shop after the guy said it contained no nutrient capsules at all (which it doesn't). upon closer inspection there is no N-N-N rating on the sack.

i did also ask him about Fox Farm Ocean Forest (about which i've read many good things) but he said he had never heard of it and didn't carry ph testers either. -.-

4. Like I said either hydro store or mail order. Nothing virtually that we use can found at a normal store.