yellowing/browning leaves and tips help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by eastonPf12, Dec 24, 2013.

1. This is my TH Seeeds snowbud grown in miracle grow seed starter mix under 1 23 wt cfl. 28 days since sprout and I haven't been giving nutes just water. Leaves started yellowing and tips turning brown. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2013
    feeling lazy today, so fill this out

We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

3. sorry sorry...
    -Soil
    -Miracle Grow seed starter mix, egg shells
    -indoors
    -TH Seeds Snowbud (fem)
    -Sprouted Dec. 5th so 20 days old
    -1 23wt CFL approximately 5" away with a circular reflecter hood
    -using water out of a 1gal. distilled drinking water
    -water freauency about 3fl.oz. every 5 days
    -ph of the soil was 6.5 on the 15th day
    -My set up is in my bathroom sonit stays moist dont know the rh
    -i use an oscillating ceramic heater and pull fresh air from a window it stays between 69F-75F
    -3gal. Plastic pots round...gonna transplant to a 5 gal. soon if the problem is fixed
    -other pertinent info....none that I can think of....
    any suggestions? ?

4. This is a better shot of the yellowing in between the veins

Attached Files:

5. This was a pic I took 10/22/13 and there almost no yellowing and the leaf tips were just turning brown

Attached Files:

6. Anybody? Anything? Help is much appreciated! !

7. Bump please help anyone

8. Are you certain of the ph of the root-zone? Doesn't look like you should be facing any issue with a perfect soil ph unless you failed to offer your girl nutrients, because seedling mix is simply not going to offer the plant her necessities. The pic you have taken (post 4), was it with the lights on? Which? If so can you take another with the light off directly, but only enough light from an overhead 60 watter? Now, with a root-zone ph of 6.5, I can only imagine that you are "off" to some degree, because according to the pic your girl appears to be expressing  a Mn deficit... only because the root-zone ph would be much higher if that were the case, that's yet to be determined, and I don't immediately realize the effects of Fe deficit, because your girl doesn't appear to be releasing that particular expression but the two usually work on conjunction with one another... but Mn does appear to release it effects in the appearance of your plant, because Mn deficit most often expresses it symptoms with large brown spotting in between the vein on the oldest and largest of fan leafs starting at the heel of the leaf advancing toward the tip.

Solution: if I'm correct, would simply be to add Mn in chelated form at 0.05/0.08% respectively and the issue will be stayed. Brown spots will remain, but if symptoms aren't addressed your plant will be stunted. Mn is only needed in minuscule amounts, but needed nonetheless for plant optimal health. Your issue is minimal if my diagnosis is correct? Good day.

Attached Files:

10. All I can say about those pics is: do you really believe the root-zone ph is 6.5, the pics seem to express a Zinc Deficit. Zinc, Fe, and Mn work hand in hand (so to speak). Root-zone ph seems to be very high. My two cents.

11. If you'll sure about the ph at 5.9 then Mg will be the overriding deficit according to the pics. You were slipping in N, P, K, ,and locking out Mg and Ca. After reviewing the pics again it has to be magnesium. Bring the root-zone to 6.5/6.8 for correction. BTW: did you remove those lower leaves in the first pic?

13. If you only have one plant or many, I can advise a one time application of baking soda. As long as you don't get into the habit, you'll see no issues using the soda if done properly. You'll need to do so soon or the plant will continue to suffer and set back plant growth. I'd ph to about 7.2 and send it through next water. Once you know that the plants root-zone ph has been corrected (by checking run-off), you can start a nute regimen. I hope your issue is resolved soon, good day.

14. What do you have available in nutrient form?

16. How did the ph of your root-zone get so low? You said you haven't added nutes and are using distilled water, right? Miracle Gro Seedling Mix? I use that for clones sometimes, it's not hot, and if you are not adding ferts??????????

17. Im not that low on the jug of distilled water. I mixed the seedling mix with with egg shells I had crunched up. this is the butes molasses (flowering) ph soil tester and superthrive. Looking back I probably didnt do the soil tester all that well. But what should I feed this plant for the Mg deficit and how should I do the baking soda? Mix with water? Boil with water?

Attached Files: