yellowing bottom leaves...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dooder, Sep 26, 2011.

1. #1 dooder, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
    ok so this plant is form bag seed its about 2 1/2 weeks old its in ffof and im putting it outside during the day and under 2 40w cfl at night. im still vegging it and i havent fed it either, i heard that its good not to feed for a while in ffof. the ph is 6.9 and i water once a week or untill the soil is completely dry. the first and second true leaves were starting to yellow after about a week so i cut off the first true leaves. its about 7 nods now the second true leaves are still yellowing but the new growth is perky and really green. ive also noticed some holes in the leaves and tips missing im sure its gnats so i put out a bowl of soap water about 4 days ago and havent seen any new damage. so i guess my question is, is the yellowing ok and does it look big enough for its age???

Attached Files:

2. gnats dont eat leaves. especially not that big of a tear. if you didnt do that to the leaf, i would "secure" your grow room more to keep nosy people out. soap water is a wives tail and neither attracts nor repels gnats.

i do believe i see spider mite damage, though. start spraying neem oil.

FFOF is an all around bad soil to start seedlings in. it has nutrients for more mature plants. FF happy frog is a better choice.

3. ok so i just cut off the second nods yellow leaves im guessing it was just yellowing from the soil. i alos fimmed it at the 8th nod last night. i havent seen any new damage or pests. looking pretty perky.

4. ok so heres some pics one of just the plant and a close up on the fim

Attached Files:

5. soooo i went and got a 68w 2700k cfl and added to the 40w hevent fed it yet its week 3 now and i think ill wait another week since its in ffof.

6. just a quick question... is it ok to put the plant outside during the day and under a couple cfls at night to keep it in veg since the natural light pattern has allready changed?

7. also it has slowed in growth the last week....