Yellowing Bottom leaves in vegitative stage

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by sergei, Jul 12, 2010.

1. #1 sergei, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
    Hey guys, I asked a few people on my journal, but I still have not gotten any responses there, so i figured I'd come directly for help!
    I have one plant who is planted in natural soil in a swampy area, I have fed her a couple of times with organic ferts (blood meal, ect.)
    Right now, to he honest I do not know that my girls problem is. She has drooping pale yellow to tan bottom leaves, though the top ones are still healthy, i do not want to risk loosing my girl.
    [​IMG]

All help is greatly appreciated!:wave:

2. Is the yellowing starting at the stem and working it's way to the leaf tips? Jsut want to make sure I'm seeing the picture right...

3. Hmm... I believe so, but I will take a more detailed picture when i spray a little neem oil tonight.

4. I hope you figure this out because I just realized the other day that I have the same problem. My bottom leaves started turning yellow. The two bottom most leaves of my plant actually fell off today. I'm worried it's just going to work it's way up the plant, whatever it is, and I'll never get any budz!!

These 2 pictures are about 1-2 weeks outdated. The plant on the bottom left, it's 2 bottom leaves fell off today.
    :confused:

Attached Files:

5. Holy shit it just hit me. It's the NEEM OIL. I use it too. Maybe we should use less?????
    :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

6. I dont think so man, I mean I guess its a possability, but i have not used it in months......

7. hm... well it was just a guess really. I hope someone knows what's up then.

8. A few older bottom fan leaves yellowing is nothing to worry about.

9. Oh, I know but i think this may be more than just a little yellowing, seing as one set completely bit the dust.
    here is the picture I said I would include!
    [​IMG]
    I think that plant may be a male, based on the fact that it has more vertical growth, but very little branching, but then again it is still too soon to know, so i am going to have to play it safe, just in case it is a lady:smoke:
    Thanks in advance guys!

10. Damn, it kinda looks like something's been chompin on it..

11. Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

i don't wanna fail from the first weeks:eek:

12. are you feeding them and how much water do you gave and how often
    should water when soil is dry 1/2 inch deep

13. the weather is very good this days and she is outside all day,i give water 1time/2 3 days 100 150 ml ,and spray the leaves and the soil in the hot hours of the day...i don't feed her yet ,maybe this is why is not just the 1st set it has some yellow marks up on the other sets

14. Yeah if you grow in NY the slugs are real motherfuckers.:mad:

15. yo man the bottom lower fan leaves always yellow off and die, if they don't fall off by themselves i pluck em. Don't worry about it.

16. Get some thick gauge copper wire. Fashion it into loops around the base of each plant, making sure it's flush to the ground. Slugs won't cross it as long as they have to touch the exposed copper to do so.

EDIT: Like coathanger or thicker when I say thick. A nice thick piece of copper stops them every time.

Exactly. It's not too early; the days are starting to get shorter now and plants are starting to flower in some cases. A few lower leaves don't bother me at all.