Yellowing around leaves - what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Pzbnx, Jan 19, 2014.

1. One of my plants, a little in the back, has developed a lot of yellowing around the edges of its leaves.

All the plants seem to be suffering from something because their leaves are dry, but this one is the worst.

What does this mean??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. feed her

3. We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?

What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

4. Medium: Soil
    Type: Grow mix I got at my local Hydro Grow store, mixed with 30-40% Perlite.
    Indoors
    White Widow
    21 days this morning, so three weeks.
    Three 135w CFLs and one 25w CFL
    About 25cm above the plants
    I water when the soil stops being damp (but I made a mistake two days ago, forgetting to water once)
    I don't feed it. Don't know what to feed it.
    I don't use Hydro, but I also don't measure pH.
    Temps are 22-25C. Lights are on 24/7.
    Pots are 0.9 Liters. I'm supposed to replace them because the roots are showing on the bottom.
    I saw a fruit fly in there and killed it. Otherwise, no.
    There is an intake fan blowing cold air around (not on) the plants.. but not on the one in question.

If you want to see my grow operation, you can visit my journal at THCTalk
    http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?110344-Track-s-White-Widow-first-ever-grow

Thanks for the help!

5. #5 mmman, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    I would suggest you pot up another size.  If you want to feed first, no more than 12.5% of a complete fertilizer per gallon, or pot-up another size, wait a least two weeks and feed the same amount previously suggested. I see no evidence from the pics that root-zone ph has elevated to the point of expressing the first most common deficit which is Fe, with Mn to follow in most cases because source water with high salinity was used, I don't see that in your plants so your source water is probably domestic and ph's within an acceptable range. Now the damage to your plants is Mg deficit from lack of nutrient up-take, in other words, your substrate nutrients are depleted and must be replaced for your girl to be healthy, right now she's conveying your abuse.

BTW: the folks at THCTalk are not my kind. I am a member still but will probably never participate again in the forum. Not only did I find many at THCTalk mostly uncharitable and their demeanor most unsophisticated, but the mods were the worst you can imagine. I had a dude bird-dogging me, giving me a terrible time, and when I chided him for his blatant and arrogant behavior, the mods came in and you have never in your life witnessed such a vulgar display of rudeness. I was out of there with a warning but no suspension, then went back in a few days, let them all know what a piteous bunch they were. Done it in a nice way, so to speak, but by the time I got through with them they were all eating stupid on a sandwich. No suspension, but I'll never go back.

Wait, so you're saying the plants are yellowing because I'm not feeding them..?

What about the Magnesium deficiency? Not likely?

Which nutrients should I use? I'm totally perplexed on this issue.

As for the mods.. you won't find anyone who hates mods as much as me. I've been banned from too many forums to count.
    But.. the people on THCTalk have been nothing but kind, so far. Though, I must admit.. not quite as helpful as I'd like. I've not received a decent reply to this question.

Also, today I found that my plants are WILTING!

[​IMG]

What do I do? I haven't watered in a while, so I assumed it wasn't received enough water.. and I watered it again.

7. The girls need some Mg and all other nutrients, They are starting to loose their vigor and color, give them some nutrients and pot up later, or pot up (it'll help) and feed a bit later, two weeks maybe.