Yellowing and wilting!? Help!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MedicineMan303, Jun 7, 2018.

1. I am having some serious issues in my room right now and don’t know why. I run on the Lucas gh program. I had a spider mite problem and was able to get that under control. My ph is st 5.7 and I’m using coco with pear lite . I run 12pn 12off. The temp in my room is 75degrees and I am still getting overall yellowing with leaves having brown spots and drooping down. I water once a day towards the end of the light cycle with 3litre pitchers. Any idea what is happening!? I will take any advice or suggestions!! Please help me figure this out!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. i’m still new, however watering everyday seems a bit much...

how far along are you?
    strain type?
    lighting amount(not time, wattage)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Why are you watering before the lights go off? When you water your plants you want to at least have the lights on for six hours after you water them. It’s best to water Imo 15 to 20 minutes after your lights come on. You humidity has to be high when the lights are off.

Are you using a bloom booster or pk boost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Got a pic of how bad the spider mites were?

5. Hey MedicineMan303
    is that the runoff pH you reported?

They may just be 'going yellow'.

I check the runoff with RO water...

6. Well it’s drain to waste in coco which dries out very quickly which can cause problems so I’ve always watered every day and never had this issue. As far as wattage I’m not 100% I’ll have to check that out here in a bit. It’s medicine man and I’m in week 9

7. I do not, but it was caught so soon they didn’t even have webs yet and that was a couple weeks ago.

8. Are you 100% sure they are all dead?

9. No it’s not... that was my reservoir water I was checking. I should be checking the runoff to find the ph by the roots your saying? And I don’t think they should be yellowing at this point wth like 3 weeks to go ya know

10. check the runoff. Very different and reflects the media's pH, the rootzone. Let us know what the runoff's at.

11. 9 weeks of flower? if so i would say your plants are using up there last resources...give us some nice shots of the flowers...

• Like Like x 1
  12. No sorry they are on week 9! Of there 12week cycle. I can take pics here in a bit after dinner for sure

13. They are cloth pots and kinda just drain out the material and I’m not sure how to get and accurate amount of water to test. Any suggestions?

14. i cut a bucket about 1/4 height and place it underneath to catch the water. Then I test the water. You need a pH meter. I always have two in my house except for if one goes, then new one gets unwrapped, and then I order one immediately.

15. I had no idea this was a practice that I should do. Thank you so much for the insight!

I’m not sure I’m using a bloom booster? Here’s what I use. All general hydroponic
    • flora gro
    • flora bloom
    • flora micro
    The only thing I use that’s not general hydroponic product is a additive called “sweet raw and uncut” I also have a product called floralicious that I have not started using.

On another note I was instructed from a friend when he saw a couple leaves that had yellowed about a week ago to use cal-mag and things have only gotten worse. Could this play into things?

16. Check your run off for ph and ec ide say by look of that you have nutrient lock out , flush the shit out of it with PH water at .8ec

Attached Files:

18. The run off ph level was 5.8

And what is .8ec? I watered them with the same water I use in my reservoir minus the nutrients.

Also you don’t think that the calmag had any effect in this?

19. That is a good ph.
    Don't do this. Its not needed.
    You know I missed this. Its completely normal for plants to yellow as they mature. The spoilers all turn yellow (or purple) and dry up. I just harvested yesterday and most spoilers were even past yellow, they were dry, crispy, and brown.
    I think you are in the good.

How long is that strain's flowering period recommended for?

20. I already watered once with a neutral water and I’m starting back on my regular nutrient cycle today minus the calmag supplement I had added. The buds still look great and there doesn’t seem to be much affected besides the lower branches being under developed. And I’ve also noticed every harvest the leaves all become yellow but this seemed to be early to me. The strain has been running for a while and went for 6-7 weeks after transition most times.

On a side note: I had other plants in the same room on the same flower schedule but about 3weeks ahead of these ones and I already took them down. Could this cause any issues? Pulling plants in the same room out or down while around others? Just curious because I’ve never had different stages in one room