Yellowing and twisted new growth

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Bamboo, Jan 18, 2015.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421536675.836792.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421536763.353677.jpg theseplants are in the ground, blood and bone, compost and some powder mineral frets were added about a month before planting. Have watered with seaweed liquid fert and cal mag aswell. They will be beginning to start flowering soon. They looked healthy for a couple of months only now they are having these problems. I have never seen the new growth twisted like that before. Will try and do a ph test on soil. Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I just checked the ph about 2 inches below surface. It came back at 6.Thinking maybe a potassium lockout due to much fert. Any advice would be great.

3. If it came out at six you can just about bet it's actually lower. Your only option is to lay the water to it, as much as possible.

4. Cheers mmman. I just foliar fed them with some liquid potassium silica which is alkaline then it poured rain , I mean heavy rain. So hope they get flushed a bit. You think it is potassium lockout?

5. Ph would have to drop considerably for that to happen. The only time I seen damage like that I had applied to much lime to a couple of my outdoor plants ... thing is the lower leaves on my plants appeared like that, only over the whole leaf instead of the edges like your plants express. I'm assuming it could be but I see no signs of Mg and Ca deficits so it could be from lack thereof, the plant could have gotten everything it needed but K as the ph began to dive. You only inspected two inches deep on the ph so it's difficult to say. Plants look very good  in spite of your difficulties except the second pic appears to more in line with some sort of insect damage.

6. It has been working its way up the plant. Random spotting of yellow then over whole leaf. They got a good drenching last night so I will check them tomorrow. Those crinkeled tips had a few rusty looking spots on them as well, it doesn't look like the have been chewed on!!.so pics aren't real great. I have given them a few waterings with liquid cal mag which I thought would of helped , the soil is a little sandy underneath . Thanks mmman. For replying

7. #7 mmman, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    Your welcome friend, so whatever you do don't go shooting yourself in the head over this  :laughing:  Brown spots are indicative of Ca deficit, so that makes sense. When the ph dives at the root-zone Ca and Mg deficit is the first to appear, with one usually becoming the dominate overriding deficit. I wouldn't give no nutes for a while because whatever is lacking WILL NOT uptake

8. These two together are the healthiest Looking with the one on the right with a little more yellowing. These are only bag seed so not too worried about them. The og , lemon skunk and white rhino are in pots which are just beginning to show signs of flowering. Cheers mate. Are you in US?

9. Shame can't cross bamboo with weed, this shoot grew almost afoot in 24 hours ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421715540.252939.jpg

10. Southern US of A ... You?

11. Aussie ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421795423.849471.jpg

12. Looking good in the Aussie neighborhood.  :yummy: