Yellowed tips?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by yayayaya, May 2, 2010.

1. #1 yayayaya, May 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2010
    Hey guys im having a problem with the two seedlings i have. One of them seems to have this problem of yellowed tips more than the other one but recently, the other is starting to get it. Heres some pictures. If anyone could help that would be great, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. What kind of soil are you using?

What fertilizer are you using and how much/how often? The leaf looks really dark green in the first picture like it is getting too much Nitrogen.

What is the pH of the water you give it, and how often do you water?

3. #3 yayayaya, May 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2010
    im using organic potting soil. I haven't fertilized these yet. Im using distilled water, the PH of the 2nd pic is around 6.8-6.9 and the other plant is the same. I water it about once or twice every two days.

4. bump, still need help. The one on the left is starting to have leaves that are curling up and dieing.

5. Does that soil have time-release fertilizers in it? It must just be your pictures, because that plant looks really dark green like its been getting ferts from something. :)

Also, you shouldn't be watering that much. When you water, make sure you thouroughly soak all the soil in the pot so that the water starts coming out the drainholes in the bottom. Then, don't water them again until at least the top 2 inches of soil is dry. The pot looks fairly big in your pictures, so it should take at least 3-4 days for that size pot to dry out.

Your pH sounds pretty good, 6.5-6.8 is what to shoot for.