Yellow Yellow Go Away Come Back Another Day

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by quinn, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Help, okay the scenario, plants are yellowing out - look bleached, started on top.

Friend gave me 2 cloned females, in soil, he was growing them using MH lighting and Flouros, about 100 watts of light. I repotted into large pots, using organic soil with fertilizer. Watered and placed under my HPS 400 Watts, about 1.5 feet away, hydrolux lamps. After 1 week they started yellowing, so i move the lights up to about 3 feet away (thought it was light burn), but no help - see pictures. I use a hydro hut, have air, details below. The soil was organic soil that already contained fertilizer - from home depot.

• Soil - i repotted the plants about 3 weeks ago in large pots, organic soil
    • Type of light? 400 watt, 18-6, Hydrolux HPS lamp
    • "Atmosphere" Conditions (about 70 degrees, with a fan inside, lamp has a fan also)
    • Waterings - Purified water
    • PH Range (about 7)
    • Nutrients/Supplements (None at this time, only what was in the organic soil)
    • Pictures if possible! Attached

Attached Files:

2. found the problem - its the hydro - hut, seems to be well documented it causes bleaching.

3. it seems more like shock to me. I've seen this happen a few times...

One time I grew dwc in a UPVC bucket and it released chemicals that were slowly poisoning the plants, they turned white with shock.

Also when a light dropped on some other plants same thing again.

Cannabis does not like to be shifted around, and when you introduce the roots to a new growing medium they are going to have a hard time dealing with it. Then you must also add into the equation the upward (or body) part of the plant as this environment has changed also.