Yellow yello yelloh.....yello

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chrondiculous, Feb 23, 2011.

1. #1 chrondiculous, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011
    Blades,

Sunday before last Sunday, I put my clones in their final growing space going from cubes to 2gal smart pots in Roots Org. cocoa soilless mix. Straight RO Ph'd water for the first few days and then kicked them with some Botanicare Pro grow, Cal-Mag and some Gen. Hyd. Bio Root. The ladies took off as planned but aren't pretty and green anymore. I dosed them up with some more grow nutes to up the N but it hasn't seemed to do any justice. Any and all help will be appreciated! I have yet to flood my tables but have been top feeding for over a week now. They are under 2 1000HPS with room temps no higher than 73 on and 64 at night with humidity in the mid to upper 50's.

Thanks for the help guys!

:smoke:

935_0499.jpg
    933_0486.jpg

933_0484.jpg

933_0492.jpg

933_0485.jpg

933_0488.jpg
    roots be crizzazy
    933_0487.jpg

933_0491.jpg

933_0490.jpg

933_0493.jpg

2. it may be too soon to nute. stop adding chemicals to counter others. simply sit out tap water for a few days, so the chlorine evaporates, and just use that for a week or 2. then try nutes after that when its bigger.

3. Woooord, this isn't my first but it is the first time i've used coco/a soil-less media and after doing a little research I found this:

Soil-less media has no slow release food, so Nitrogen must be provided or the plants instantly yellow. This is true until two weeks from harvest for all soil-less organics. Once the N is cut the green is literally sucked from the plant, by design for soil-less organics

Which led me to believe I needed to up the N. At this point they still look healthy very sturdy stems with lots of root growth coming through the smart pots so I def know they are hungrryyyyyy. They are all about a foot or so and wanted to throw the switch this Sunday, all opinions will be accepted!!

4. What PPM were you feeding them?

5. meeeeeeeh last was about 1100

but then flushed them and the run off was around 700

6. It's crazy how much bandwith is wasted on this forum when people reach out for help from fellow enthusiasts/patients/community and get no responses...:(

7. might be iron or n def. are you sure the plants aren't getting bleached from too much light?

8. Woke up this morning and they seem to be doing great. They are a little over 2 weeks in and are about a foot and a half some 2 as I measured just a minute ago. I think the dose of N did the trick. I was just waiting for the lights to come on today to check them out. All are lookin GOOOOOD. I'll probably throw the switch here in the next day or 2.

9. very nice! glad you fixed things.

10. Thanks, I'll be updating as they progress.

11. Awe dude! Are u growing with the HPS?? Iv seen so many grows messed up from it iv been told that HPS makes them stretch like a bitch. Is that true? Iv been using my 250watt HPS to flower for a week now and the plants doubled in size even 100% indica. Does HPS realy make a diff compared to MH lighting?

12. HPS is the only way to flower. if you are noticing spindly growth when you switch to the hps then you should try lowering your lights. Also maybe you would wanna switch to a "big-boy" lamp like the 400, 600, or 1000w flavor