Yellow/White leaves, need help.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Nutty sKunK, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Hey guys

Basically my Kali Mist seems to be going through the war's a bit but she's still hanging on in there. For the past 3 weeks shes been getting yellowing on her leaves. It starts off in the middle of the leaf and then spreads to the tip, always happens the same way.

It's definitely not over feeding as I've basically been under feeding due to this yellowing which I thought could of been too much nutes.

I'm thinking Magnesium deficiency as I use very soft water 35PPM (0.05 EC) and also I might of locked the magnesium out with too much Calcium. I've been feeding them CalMag for the past few weeks or so but still the yellowing is occurring. Also the new growth at the bottom is very light green..

Info:

Growing in Coco Coir

200W CFL about 5-6 inches away.

24c-27c - 60%/68% humidity

Also I did add 1tbsp per gal of Dolomite lime to the mix, could this be too much calcium?

I have white tips as well, bright white.
    Would Epsom salts do the trick? If so how much would I use for a 15L pot?

Cheers for the help guys, very much appreciated!!

Peace

Attached Files:

2. What are you using for base nutes? Whats your Ph? Have you been checking your run off? How ofter do you water? Are you using beneficial microbes? hell the list goes on...

3. I've never seen those colors/patterns before guessing it's not a cal/mag issue but what do I know I'm here your there.

4. Think i might have some useful info for you check this pic out.

Attached Files:

5. Also what nutes are you using and your ph is?

6. Thanks for the reply guys!

I'm using Plant Magics Coco range and water every 2-3 days.

4ml/L A+B
    5ml/L Root Stimulator
    2ml/L Hygrozyme

PH 5.6 @ 550 PPM (EC 0.7)

Although the last feeding I gave her PH 6.0 as I saw on the bottles to feed a PH 6, although everyone's feeding at 5.8...

Run off has a very high PH, I think the last runoff was around 6.8 and before the transplant it was around 6.5..

Also has low PPM runoff, last check was 180 out 550 in.

Beneficial microbes? I don't think so, haven't used anything else apart from Calmag.

@moshi1ry

I think I'm suffering from all of them haha. A couple of the big leaves have gone a darker green. I have purple stems as well and the new growth is white, not burnt though...

7. I am also growing in coco this is my first time. But from what I have read there really is no reason to let the coco dry out since coco is hydro. So i would water every day or 2 days if you get lazy. I am using flora nova bloom right now and have had 0 problems. I ph all my water to 5.8. The runoff really should be the same as the water/nute solution going in. Cocos ph is naturally around a 5.8 so there really isnt a way that your runoff could be higher unless you have added stuff to the coco.

8. Dont add anything to coco. The coco specific nutes will have everything your plant needs.

9. ohhh just saw you added dolomite lime i would say that this is most likely the problem! Honestly for what lime is worth unless your in soil i just dont think its worth it to add. Anytime i add lime its because i already have PH problems and need to fix it. Lime is perfect for that since it buffers the ph to around a 7. I personally am not a fan of lime in coco since the whole idea of coco is its good to go right out of the bag with a little perilite of course. While lime is good for the cal it offers you can easily get this any other ways likes nutes/epsom salts.

10. Cheers man!

Could I flush the lime out? How would I get back to a run off of say 6.2?

Thanks for the help

11. Got some more pictures. It seems to be that only the main leaves that grow from the stem are being affected... They pretty much all start off the same, yellow tiger stripes, cupping and they seem quite dry..

Attached Files:

12. Anyone else got any ideas as to what the problem is? Looked everywhere and can't find any pictures that look like this..

Cheers

13. Its hard to get a deficiency when using A and B esp when making a fresh batch for every water.

Moshi gave you good advice, 5.8 is best ph for hydro, i could only say its the lime.

14. Just noticed that the patches that are affected are dry and wrinkled.. Also they have yellow veins.

I'm thinking the lime is pushing the PH too high, would PHing the water lower be effective?

All my new growth from the lower branches is green, no yellowing.

Thanks for the help!

15. Here's a few more photo's for you guys.

Cheers

Attached Files: