Yellow tips

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dazaroo, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Growing in coco for first time and one of my plants has little yellow tips. Would that be over watering or lack of nutes?

2. nutrient burn its very common it means lower the ammount of nutes in your water

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The tell tale of nute burn is usually it will be uniform as if the plant is trying to spread the excess nutes out as evenly as possible. But it's a total pain because so many other problems start out that way. It's more like being a detective than a doctor. The grower knows best because he knows exactly what he added. I never ignore any burnt tip problem, but I've never had a plant that didn't have some.One of those, not serious unless it gets worse drive you crazy things.My big contribution now is adding lights as maybe not a cause but a cure and that along with the common back off the nutes solution also consider back off the lights.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Should I water them twice a day? (Nutrients+cal mag) in the morning (just cal mag+water) in the evening?? Or just once a day?

5. How often you water is going to be based on pot size, plant size, as well as environmental conditions (Temp, RH, etc).

• Like Like x 1
  6. coco needs to be fed with nutrients every time you water. when im in coco i always feed twice a day

• Like Like x 2
  7. what ec do you use watering twice a day matey? and do you water till run off both times

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

8. i only feed twice a day with run of when the roots are well established and i usually do 15% run off also depending on pot size though i always aim for ph 5.4 - 5.6 with ec 1.3 for first week of real veg. i use very little water when there seedlings buddy. when it comes to seedlings its common sense not to pour large ammounts of feed on them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Is checking the EC a must?? My last run was my very first time growing and I grow in peat. I never once checked the ec or pH (didn't know about it ha) and she came out lush. Got just over 6oz off her. This time round I'm trying coco and do check the pH but not the ec.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The concept behind ec checking is to see if runoff is less than going in you can see the plant is using, but if ec runoff is higher than going in then ec is building in medium to dangerous level. It's conceptual. In real life you just look at the leaves.
    Curious, if your peat was a success if you had a reason for switching to coco or it is just try something different and see move? I found peat to hold nutes while coco passed them through better. So peat worked great with organic soil fed nutes, while coco was more in the hydro discipline of feeding with nute water. It was a horrible adjustment for me. Then I bought a ph pen. Oh.
    If you want to feel bad when you spend a lot of money but feel good everytime you use it splurge for a Bluelab Truncheon.

• Like Like x 2
  11. i would encourage investing in a ph pen and ec reader for any new grower in coco its so important treat it like hydroponics im running a hydrofarm atm and i always check my ph. but im in the bizz too and i never test my ph in organic soil no need to :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. I changed to coco to try something different and was told by numerous people coco was better. Only time will tell. I do check the ph ever feed but don't have a ec pen.

13. Is a 5 gallon pot big enough to get a good harvest??

14. if it is a smartpot or Air-pot a 5 gallon will get really big. If it is an auto and you plant another seed the day you harvest your 5 gallon, you will still be smoking that weed when your new little seed is ready for harvest.

• Like Like x 1