Yellow tips

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stokie22, Feb 24, 2013.

1. On both my plants (big bud 4 weeks into flower) the very tip of pretty much every leaf is turning yellow and curling under a bit. I mean the very very tips. Any ideas?

2. Nute burn.

3. Been using same amount for a while dont know how it would be that?
    Its only the tip not patches on the leaf

image-2456269341.jpg

4. Most cut the tips of the leaves. Try this, turns out it is very beneficial for your plants.

5. Huh? How do you figure that?

6. Ill say it again ....Nute burn.

The toxicty takes awhile to build.

FTR you're just barely overfeeding, almost what is called "the perfect burn".

Pull back very slightly on the nitrogen to stop the clawing IMO.

7. ^^this

8. Been told its cuz my fans are blowing directly on the plants by a guy at a store today

9. You have been told by everyone that its nute burn. You have a slight case, but still you come up with other answers. Its not fan burn, its nute burn. I don't know if i would be asking store owner advice about your grow.

10. Man why come on here and ask guys to take the time to check your problem and answer and then not believe them?

Ahh fuck it, the guy at the store is right, turn off all your fans and get the light as close as you physically can and your problem will go away.

11. [quote name='"Wharfrat74"']Ill say it again ....Nute burn.

The toxicty takes awhile to build.

FTR you're just barely overfeeding, almost what is called "the perfect burn".

Pull back very slightly on the nitrogen to stop the clawing IMO.[/quote]

Wharf is right, that's a classic sign of a bit too much nitrogen.

It takes a huge amount of wind to cause issues. I have seen leaves get blown off plants before showing any "burn".

12. At what point did I say I think you guys are wrong! Went in a shop and just asked him look and then put on what he said. No need for you Ll get so pissy ya bunch of fannies!

13. Come on here for advice as its me very first grow and because I put on someone else's opinion you all go funny? What's wrong with u? Givin a newbie grief for nothing?!

14. Reduced nutes and it's getting worse

15. It will probably take a couple waterings to straighten out. Don't cut back too much though, you weren't really high on the nutes, like wharfrat said "perfect burn".

16. Ye buys I've reduced and it's gotten a hell
    Of a lot worse. Look.

image-3663074111.jpg

17. I'm still a newbie but I would try to flush the hell out of it to get any nute build up out of the medium. Also I would trim all those yellow bits off the plant and then see what happens. Just my 2p. Good luck mate.

18. That's what I did. Watered it loads for 3 days. No nutes. Then just got worse