Yellow tips please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by chronic_bust1, Dec 3, 2013.

1. #1 chronic_bust1, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
    Hi there I have a super silver haze that is starting to get yellow tips
    All over the plant.
    Soil. Perlite 30% 50% coco. 20% no slow release soil
    Ph is always between 6.0-7.0
    Nutrients power feeder boost juice and plant starter
    Outdoor grow
    Watering I water every 2 3 days feed once every 1 and a half -2 weeks give auxin (boost juice) once a week
    And spray the leaves with the recommended foilage spray dose
    Please help me with the problem :) I also live in Australia were there is high sun.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

2. When you say ph is 6.0/7.0, is that going in or coming out the bottom (you should check run-off each time water is expelled?) And, with that much Coco, would not your ph going in need to adjust to 5.8 run-off?

3. Hi there I put it in at 6.5 not sure what the run off is will check tomorrow. My mate said coco works real well and wasn't having so much luck with just soil and perlite so tried it. Do u think it maybe be nitrogen?

4. #4 Guest55445566, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    I have looked closely at all of your pictures and it looks to me like you are probably a bit low on potassium (also known as 'K')

I'm not sure how familliar your are with nutrients but you should find something that is good for vegging...

I personally use this for Vegging   (N/P/K Values = 3/2/4)

and

This for Budding   (N/P/K Values = 2/3/5)

and

This for Both (To Keep the PH neutral)

5. Coco is notorious for pushing your ph up. It may be just a tad high and Fe is the most common nutrient deficit for those not heavy-handed with nute application. Test your-run-off next time you water and get back to us. Good day.

6. Thanks for the feedback. I have a couple of bottles of npk so will write down how much npk is in each tomorrow morning I also have slow release npk which worked pretty well for my last grow. As with the ph run off will test that tomorrow :) ciao

7. And also if my coco is pushing the ph up. Does that mean I have to put the ph around 5? So it doesn't raise as much kind of new to all this ph lol sorry :(

8. Anytime you purchase Coco you should test it, most coir is excessively salty and must to washed of contaminates. Coco doesn't bind well with  magnesium and calcium so it's always best to use nutrients that come in chelated form instead of using lime. Test your ph with distilled water if you can and let us know the results.

9. Checked all my nutes I haveMiracle gro seafeed N 2.50% P 0.66% K 1.20% with copper calcium iron and zinc..Powerfeed red bottle-N 14.0%, P 1.4% K 9.0%Powerfeed purple bottleN 8.1 % P 1.6 % K 7.3%NitrosolN 10.5 % P 2.30% K 6.80% Calcium 1.68% added blood and bone Which one would be the best nutrients to use? Also I still haven't watered yet for the run off. To hot at the moment

10. Powerfeed purple looks best for Vegging.

11. Yeah? Should I give it a dose today. Will also ph the run off. Got to wait till it cools down a bit don't want her to wilt

12. Hey ph'd my water and it comes out as 6.7 so defanitly not the ph. Must of been potassium because it has boosted in growth since I feed it

13. 6.7 run-off in Coco is not good... you need to lower to 5.8 at least. P is still locked out, as Zn and Cooper. Also, Ca, Fe, Mn and B is slipping in uptake. Please correct run-off to 5.8

14. Ok so what do u suggest I put it in as?

15. Should I ph my water to 5.0 or 5.5 if its going in at 6.5 and coming out 6.7?

16. #16 mmman, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
    Ph your source water at 5.5 and flush, run it through until run-off reads 5.6/5.8; let them begin to dry from the flush, and always check run-off each time you water until you get all in one big wad and you know you got it right.

17. Ok thanks man. Will check that out now

You're very welcome.

19. Hi there things have seen to be getting better. Except now I have someLower leaves turning yellow unless that's just from age. Have been doing ph and feeding. The potassium on the leaves disappeared but like I said lower yellow leaves now I know that's a sign of nitrogen def. but they are the first leaves the plant had that's going yellow is this normal? Ps I'm drunk so sorry if dont make sense lol