Yellow spots on two week old clones

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Rockymtnganjgrl, Feb 26, 2013.

1. I have two week old clones that are starting to get yellow around the edges of some of the leaves and some yellow spots on the leaves. I have read a million things it could be.. I'm hoping someone can give me a more direct answer. I am a first time grower and still hav much to learn. I will be attaching pics.. thanks for reading:)

Attached Files:

2. it may be nutrient burn, but its too hard to tell right now by just looking at it. what is the pH & PPMs/ECs of your soil?

3. I just got them less than a week ago and have not gotten my measuring tools yet. I had been using tap water and recently switched to melted snow water which has seemed to slow down the yellowing. I know it sounds ridiculous that I don't have all my equipment yet, I have just not been able to get much just yet. Thanks for your reply, any information is helpful.

4. no worries. do you have well water?

5. No I live in Colorado Springs. Its city water but I read that city water is usually a little harder than they like.

6. yes, hard water can do that for you. i dont mean to disappoint but eventually, youll either have to melt alot of snow or youll have to use your city water. you can use distilled vinegar, or citric acid to bring the pH down. just make sure you are testing your pH before and after adding acid! and if you add way too much acid (where you need to bring the pH back up), pour half of the water out and start over again. you dont want to leave too many hydrogen ions in your soil.

so keep doing what your doing, the dead spots wont come back but you should start to see much better growth. just make sure the water is above 55 degrees when giving it to your plants!

its ok that you dont have your equipment yet.

7. Thank you so much, this was so helpful!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me :)