yellow spots on my leaves! please help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by babybotanist, Dec 6, 2012.

1. sup yall, please help me out by narrowing down what this might be. this is my first grow and i want the best for my babys :D

here are some pics of the leaves
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. flip the leaves over.....anything crawling on them??

im guessing some sort of parasite

3. What lights are you running? Looks like light burn.

4. ya think???......then why arnte the new leaves comin up and burnin themselves...

its a possibility....but im betting on parasites

5. We need to know what you feed them. Well just please tell me you didn't feed them yet. Are you using tap water? What is the ppm of your water? Did you add nutes to it? What is all that white sediment on the hydroton?

For a seedling or young plant you shouldn't go over 300ppm and that's even pushing it. Seedlings have stored nutrients that can keep them going for weeks. Most peoples tap water is 200-350 ppm. Over 200ppm is considered hard. RO water is best then add the nutes to 150-200ppm and the youngsters will thrive. Once you get some nice fan leaves or a little more mature in veg then you can bring the nutes up to 300ppm or even 500ppm but using more in veg is unnecessary.

6. Look closely at the pics! Nearly every leaf is burned. When you've grown as much pot as I have you and your 22 posts can question me!

7. Post amount has very little to do with growing experience. It only proves who's been on their cpu for longer. That last sentence was kinda immature imo.

8. im using the flora grow set. the floragro(3) floramicro(2) and florabloom(1) with purified water, i added the 3 2 1 aggressive vegetative growth into the reservoir and it measured around 700ppm.. i think we may have found the problem? as for the white compound on the hydroton i am not sure, possibly the dried nutrients? the lights are 40 watt 6500k lumen fluorescents (x2).

so im pretty sure the ppm from the nutes is the problem, and if it is, how many nutes should i add to the little guys?

9. #9 bizie, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
    Yes, that for sure is the problem. I would recommend starting around 200ppm for a plant that young. I did a lil write up that I knew I could refer to for such situations. Take a peek at this link please. Also you grow in a dwc just as I. The only difference is mine recirculates and is larger. I only use 700ppm for a flowering plant and certain strains max out at 700ppm i.e vanilla kush. If the nutes are there and the ph is good then the plant will find them. You should back way down to 100 or even 50ppm now since you burned them. In hydro ppm is irrelevant. Well not irrelevant but less is more. Ph is what is important and changing the solution every 7-10 days will keep all the nutes there in the right quantity.

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/1143567-healthy-hydroponics-ppm-ph.html

10. nice nice, thanks everyone for the input, and bizie thanks a lot for the guide and the tips ill update the pics in a few weeks for you guys if you want to check them out :D