Yellow spots on leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Mr. Hazelton, Sep 24, 2008.

1. A few days ago, my plant developed small yellow spots running down all the bottom leaves. I've got one pic to show what I'm dealing with. I think it's a nute problem, but I just can't pinpoint what. Any help is appreciaited, thanks.[​IMG]

2. I have a similar problem except some of the spots on mine are larger. I don't know the cure but I first noticed them developing on a plant that was closest to the fan and had high speed air coming at it. On the leaves that were being blow the most I saw yellow spots. I put cardboard on the top of the fan so the upward air would be blocked (the fan is below the pots). I also moved the plant to the other side of the room, it has only been a few days but it seems like the spots might be getting smaller. The reason I'm stumped is that another plant that wasn't so exposed to air has started developing spots now.

3. I think you might be burning your plants by putting them under the light after watering
    That will burn your leaves, i had the same problem before
    They wont heal but it wont affect the plant, just dont let it keep happening or the problem will get worse:eek:

4. looks like nutrient burn to me.

5. He's right, you shouldn't foliar feed or mist your plants while the lights are on or it will bleach the leaves like that. Spray them when it's dark and it shouldnt happen. Your plant looks real healthy otherwise. Good luck.

6. Yeah this looks like your typical wet leaves under light...my buddy did the exact same thing and had the same problem...basically the little spots are spots where water sat on the leaves and acted as a magnifying glass and burned little spots in the leaves. no biggie man you should be fine.

7. awesome i think this is the exact same problem i'm having :D

8. do ya,ll have chlorine water "city water"