yellow spots on leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bronco72, Mar 20, 2013.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil coco cori, fox farm ocean forest and more prelite.
    What brand and type of soil? Fox farm
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Bag seed.
    How old are the plants? Just going on 4 weeks.
    What type of lights and how many watts? Im useing 3 6500k cfl and 1 2700k cfl.
    How far from the lights? 1-2 inches What is your watering frequency and source of water?1-2 a week of needed and rain water.
    What, how much and when was it fed? Ever other watering
    NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? Ph is 6.0-6.4
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 72-78 deg
    What size pots? 3 gal
    Any bugs? Look real close. No bugs Any other pertinent info? Have a fan keep the humidity around 50%

2. Without pictures it's a guess, but here goes?

Magnesium can get locked out of soil at levels below 6.4, and calcium at the same level. So, I'd say you need some Cal/Mag to stay the issue, or at the least add a teaspoon of epsom per gallon of water every third application, and your water may have enough calcium in it, depends.

3. I post pics on a different posting not sure how to get them here. The other posting is should i transplant to a bigger pot.

4. Thanks by the way when i get home ill take better pics of it also.

5. Your pots are plenty big enough... thing is, folks have a false notion because of misinformation that soil will buffer your PH, I find this only true if PH is not so far out of balance... which doesn't seem to be your case, but you still have an issue, and given the point you've made about where your PH is, one must wonder with all the variables and when will PH get skewed and out of balance to cause a deficit. Pics would be nice.

6. If the yellow spots look like cast-off from spray-painting- tiny little spots, look closer at the underside of the leaves. You may have spider mites! :eek:

7. The dots are small it might be fine ii just want to make sure it's not going to kill it.

ForumRunner_20130320_115845.png

8. Your girl looks good... not going to die if you get your PH right, add what's needed and you'll be good to go. Always easy on the ferts, get some Cal/Mag or add some epsoms right away.

9. Thanks for your time just order some cal/mag for her

10. Please let us know how it goes, okay?

11. I will do that ill make sure to post pics also better or worst lol lets hope better.

12. Are you PHing with a meter?

13. I have one but i just have been using a up down ph kit. Keeo ot around 6.0 should i get it lower.?

14. Well you see... there's your problem, and I wonder oftentimes if folks are giving us correct information. I've heard of folks PHing at 6.0 going in, just doesn't make sense since Mag/Cal, are locked out at 6... so you probably need to PH around 6.5 going in with a run-off as close to that as you can get.

15. Ok ill keep a little higher and go from there ill keep in touch and i ill let you know whats going on

16. #16 mmman, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
    I would appreciate it... have a good one, and I hope we've helped your issue?

17. Changed the ph and seemed it helped out gave it some nuts also getting the cal/mag today prob give it to them tomorrow. Any idea how much to add and ill post pics tonight also. Thanks for every ones help.

18. Follow instructions on the package. Please follow up with pics.

19. #19 clflatt, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2013
    Just curious have you every check the ppm of your rain water??

20. No sir i dont have a ppm meter or tester. ;(