Yellow spots and droopy leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by devecstator, Sep 16, 2010.

1. #1 devecstator, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2010
    Im growing a tiny plant 12/12 from seed and it's got a weird yellow spotty discoloration on the bottom set of leaves, that first showed a couple days ago. When I went to look today, some of the leaves on the top leaf mass were pointing straight down... I watered two days ago, and it wasn't this droopy yesterday. It's 2-3 inches away from the lights and I've been trying to train it enough so it doesn't touch them, so far its working. nute burn? pH? anyone know what this is?

soil: pro mix (peat moss with perlite and lime)
    lights: 2 CFLs in a Y-splitter (just switched to 2700k)
    strain: aurora indica

Attached Files:

2. It looks like a soiless mix, which means you need to water with nutrients more often. Also, lime was added, was that by you or is that what it said on the package. MG does that to the peat moss they sell, so Im not sure if that is why its listed or if you added it yourself.

The issue your having sounds like a lack of Nitrogen, and the dropping sounds like lack of water. If it was too much, the leaves tend to curl upwards around the edges. The lack of nitrogen can be caused by not adding any, or PH being out of wack.

If I were you I would go to lowes and grab a soil test kit and some distilled water. (the instructions require you to get distilled.) and test for PH and NPK. If your PH is in the 6.5 range then you should be good, and if the NPK check out, then I am at a lost. Im sure someone with some more knowlege may be able to help you further.

3. #3 devecstator, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2010
    The lime was already added. So it looks like nitrogen deficiency and not nute burn? because I got nute burn like 2-3 weeks ago and ive been adding just normal water since then, so i dont wana add more nutes if this is still more burning.