yellow plant please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by wulv383@aol.com, Mar 16, 2005.

1. my 1st plant to sprout turned yellow at day #3.(i think it was cuz i took the plastic wrap off so it could grow) the 1st 2 spiked leaves wilted, turned yellow, then dried up.

ello........... thanx 4 the help

now its on day 9 and it didn't grow till today. it got very small, light green leaves. but it still looks dead. it is still in the peat moss pellet i started it in. and its only about an inch tall. also has not shown any roots.

i know everyone is gunna ask so here it is

1. still in the jiffy pellet
    2. no i did not use any kind of fert
    3. 250w m/h bulb in about 7 sq.ft. floor space(so just shy of 36w per sq.ft) curently on 24h
    4. the temp. is high 90-95 F and i have 4 other plants in the same space they are fine
    5.yes i have a fan running (produces 4mph wind speed so it says)

sorry if i sound cocky but almost all the threds go down that list befor anyone can help.
    im just trying to find out if it can be saved, and if its worth the time or should i just kill it and save the headach.

again sorry if i sound cocky

thanx 4 the help

2. No worries it's just being helpfull. Sounds like you should lower the temps a bit, put the plastic wrap back on if it's all weak and wilty. What's the stem look like? Check your water Ph levels as well if you can. But if it already looks crispy and dead then you may as well focus on making sure your other 4 plants don't reach this state.

3. i did have it under a jar and it seemed like it just hurt it more.

well as far as the temp goes im working it out but the other plants seem to like it.

the stem its 1 inch tall 9 days old. light green like the new leaves, it just looks sick

4. Try putting a few skewers in the soil and plastic wrap over them. Get some good water (not tap water) and make sure it's nice and moist under the plastic wrap. If the stem looks weak use string and tie it up straight against something. Overall try and make a biodome or healing atmosphere so the plant has some chance to make a comeback. Thats all I can think of, sometimes sprouts just give up on living and shrivel up. If anyone has any better ideas feel free to help out :smoke:

5. My vote is to kill it and don't risk infecting other plants with what it has.

Also Pete doesn't have any food get some sort of food to your plants...but go easy at first.

You also will need good soil to put it into soon!

Flowers-Of-Truth