Yellow on tips of leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iEatYourGreens, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Plant only about a week old, tips are getting yellow. Is this nutrient burn or too much light? Plants didn't werent hot.

2. tips are typically nutrient burn.. hope its not too bad!

• Like Like x 1
  3. What the guy above me said. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but generally its on newer growth. Pictures and other information always help.

4. Yeah man, I'm not sure. Wait until someone else with more experience comes along. I'm a newb to growing , I just try to diagnose the issue if possible, and try to use post like these to educate myself. I also notice your stem is an orange color, never seen that before.

Either way whenever you make a post like this be sure to include everything about your grow, it increases your chances of someone being able to help you.

5. Still waiting on digital PH tester.
    [​IMG]

6. When large amounts of Magnesium are present in the soil, yellow or necrotic (dying or dead) spots will occur on the upper leaves. To cure, foliar feed with chemical fertilizer containing Manganese.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's Hydro.
    [​IMG]

8. they still certainly wouldnt need a nutrient solution at this point and time tho anyhow.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Straight water?

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. correct me if im wrong, a seedling in hydro still need just water to get rooted,, the nutes one wold put in the water would be next to nothing if you do,, just ph'd water prob idk.

• Like Like x 1
  11. In hydro, no nutes for the first 10 to 14 days, just plain water. Then start at 1/4 strength veg nutes, ph water 5.8 to 6.
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  12. So should I replace the water in the DWC with straight PH'd water? Will it shock the plant? Will it help the plant? What signs will the plant exhibit when it is time for nutes?

13. ^Bump. Sorry but I need to know before it's too late to adjust.

14. Yes, replace the water in the DWC with plain water. There's no need to adjust the PH when you're not given nutrients.

No, it won't shock the plant. Yes, it will help it. :)

When it's time for nutes in veg you'll notice them starting to get a lighter green color, that's when you give them nutes. At that time, you'll add 1/4 strength nutes to the water, mix and adjust the PH to make sure it's good.

HTH

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thank you, off to the store for a bunch of RO.

• Like Like x 1
  16. You're welcome! :cool:

17. Turned out (what I think) was magnesium deficiency. The liquid PH tester is bunko. Got a digital one and the PH was at like 4.9. Hopefully it's not too late.

18. Glad to hear that you got a digital PH meter @iEatYourGreens

The damage to the plant is nute burn, it's not showing a deficiency at this point.

Did you change the water yesterday?