Yellow-lighter Curse.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ImissBubbles, Mar 9, 2009.

1. I'd always heard Yellow lighters are cursed...and I didn't believe it. This is a thread where everyone can post their opinions on this "curse" and share stories.

I'll start off with my experience....

I bought this yellow lighter, and used it for probably a solid week. Then one morning I took my brother and sister to drop them off before I had to go to work. There were roughly 6 inches of snow on the ground, my Aunt's gravel driveway (she lives out in the country) had not yet been shoveled. Evidently when I got out, my phone fell in the snow. I realized this after taking my siblings inside. I looked all over the inside of my car, but could not find it. My uncle came out to help search, armed with a shovel. I dug around in the snow for about 40 minutes looking for my phone, it didnt turn up. I decided to give up and go to work, and that I could just buy a new phone.
    About 2 minutes down the road, I chucked out the yellow lighter because I felt a need to blame something for this misfortune. About a minute after, I realized I had no money and that I needed my phone. I turned around and went back to my Aunt's house. I pulled up, opened my door, and within 2 minutes, found my phone. I quickly ran inside to dry it off.

My phone still works, and I have vowed to never touch a yellow-lighter [which to this day, I still have not.]

2. I thought this myth revolved around bad luck after recently using the lighter. Like using it to smoke up and then while high shit goes down.

3. Yeah dude, didn't you know that Bic instills evil voodoo magic potions into all yellow die at the lighter factories

4. Damn,Im never buyin a yellow lighter again.:rolleyes:

5. For some people it's yellow as bad luck, for others it's white.

I don't really believe any of it, but subconciously i get a little scared when using white lighters :eek:

6. Years back the yellow 5 was contaminated and killed 23 people from fumes in some factory that makes yellow plastic in Birmingham. Actually I just made that up.

7. it's white in my circle of friends

8. Like others have said, it's white lighters around here, but no, I have not experienced bad luck with White or Yellow lighters in my smoking career.

9. I only use black/red/green lighters.

I did smoke with a white one a couple of times, but nothing bad happened.

10. I prefer orange lightros. Seeing the color orange makes me feel good for some reason.

11. I have an orange one now..I like them because theyre bright.

12. ive had a green lighter for like 2 years. i just refill the fluid.

13. i really dont have a good opinion on this besides it is weird

14. #14 whitehippo, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
    [​IMG]

^voids all bic curses, love cricket lighters...usually cop a black one and name them after people, and no safety

15. The Safety isn't really a problem with the BiC's either...just use a key and you can pop it off really easy.

16. I read this somewhere, and it makes the most sense to me. They said white lighters are bad luck because people who smoke bowls snuff the bowls with the lighter causing a black markon the bottom. My mom found out I smoked that way so I wouldnt doubt a cop would.

17. All Bic lighters are white on the bottom.

18. In my city red lighters are bad luck, I guess it started when a group of kids died in a cAr crash and all had red lighters. I didn't really believe it at first. But than I used a red lighter and got caught smoking when.I still lived at home. After that I used a red lighter smoking before school. That day there was a "anonomous tip" that me and my friends smoked before school. We all got eye tests failed and got suspended. Haven't used a red lighter since lol

19. i have a black and a blue lighter atm. never had a white.

20. has anyone ever wondered if maybe its a multiple lighter thing? like your og lighter getting jealous lol