Yellow leaves.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Minicomb, Dec 7, 2012.

1. You are right. The information that Fox Farm has on their chart is per gallon of water. I use one gallon of water per plant, but I am using 5 gallon pots. I agree that a 2 gallon pot will not need or also will not hold that much water. I would think that you could store it in the container for a few more days and it should be fine. That is that your water and nute mix should be fine.

To be honest though, I'm not really sure why you are using nutes yet. Your plants look like they are maybe at about week 2 if that. Normally nutes are not needed until you switch to flower. At least thats the case with the fox farm ocean forest soil that I am using.

2. My plant sprouted on the 14th of November and its the 6th of December. Week 3 it's just growing very slow cause I have under 100w of light. I'm at 88 cause I asked before about lights and I was told 75w is good but 100 is better. So I'm trying to get a 125w compact cfl. I gotta wait until next Wednesday when I get paid.

3. #23 Minicomb, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
    And also last week there were black tips on the leaves and the leaves were turning yellow. I posted it and I was told that it was nitrogen deficient. But using the nutes are making the plant grow faster. And two of the leaves that we're yellow are starting to turn green again.

4. They recommend 50 to 80 watts per square foot for MH/HPS. When using cfls, I would advise to double that amount of wattage since cfls are not as efficient as MH/HPS. More is always better provided that you have proper cooling.

5. Would I be fine with a 125w cfl my gro area is 15" tall and 15" wide and 8" deep. I'm using my old computer case. And white poster board as a reflective material. 2 pc fans one 80mm exhaust fan and 1 60mm fan for intake and one 4" fan inside to circulate. Temp stays between 79-83 degrees. Humidity 51-60%

6. I would say that everything seems fine. Maybe add some more lights in the future if you can, or better yet, switch to HID or MH/HPS.

7. Alright I'm planning on getting a 3foot tall grow tent in the future. Thanks for the advice I will post again in the future.

8. i know exactly what you need. it's a general organics "go box". around $30, it includes every nutrient and then some for at least 3-4 plants, prolly more if you have smaller pots.

9. Alright I'll take a look. But right now I'm looking into getting the TDS meter and Cal mag and a 125w cfl bulb.

10. go box comes with cal mag, just so you know.

11. Oh. Alright. :) I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I knew everyone on here would be very helpful.