Yellow leaves Nitrogen Problem or PH

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thenewkevsters, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Ok, so i have about 1.5 week old sprouts and the first set of leaves is starting to turn yellow. my PH is a little high in around 7 but i was wonder if this was the problem or a Nitrogen deficiency issue. I started my plants in organic soil and have not givin them any nutes

2. Chlorosis!
    There is good reference information about this in the plant diseases and problems section. Probably the PH is too high at 7.0 (are you sure it is 7.0? How do you know for sure?) for the plants to take up nitrogen and trace minerals from the soil (?). I would flush with 6.3 water until it run out the bottom. Then, next watering, I would make sure the PH was closer to 6.3 - 6.5 before watering. A little fish fert seems to help me get the nitrogen flowing again too, but I wold save that for two waterings from now, just to get the PH straightened out.

But that's just my experience. Others?

gm

3. I know thats my PH because i tested my soil. My problem is i dont have a water PH tester, just a soil tester. Is there any household items that i can mix with my water to lower the PH level?

4. If you only have a soil tester, you probably don't really know what you've got. I would invest in a drop style ph tester kit and/or a ph meter. Life savers. Test the water going into the plant every time. A TDS or EC meter is also invaluable.

gm