Yellow leaves, is this normal???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by premoc1, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Alright so this is my first grow, i posted a thread last night to see how my progress was, i noticed that the lower two mj looking leaves are a greenish yellow and i dont know if this is normal or not? my friend said that the little leaves at the bottom that i circled in red in the pic, fall off and they have but the other two are turning yellow, is this because they are supposed to fall off or what? thanks for your help GC!

Attached Files:

2. the bottom leaves are likely to fall off pretty quickly. however the next leaves up shouldn't be turning yellow. what kind of soil you have? if you're using miracle grow, it might be a nute overdose. or if you've fed them nutes, it is likely an overdose (seedlings don't need nutes until 2-3 weeks old).

also, it looks a little stretched. either get the light closer, or get a bigger one. 40 watts per square foot is a good approximation.

3. thank you. the soil is some scotts potting soil that i had at my house. how can i cure this yellow leaf problem?

4. does the scotts soil have nutes in it? check the bag the soil came from, it'll tell you. if it does, then the best fix is the transplant into some new soil that doesn't have nutes.

also, from the pic it doesn't look like you have much or any perlite/vermiculite in the soil. i like to add 1 part perlite to 4 parts soil so that the soil drains really well and stays aerated. you can pick up perlite at any gardening store for pretty cheap.

5. what light are you using? How far away from the plant?

It looks to me as if the plant isn't getting enough light...