Yellow Leaves Fall Off-detailed description & pix

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GrowOne, Jun 16, 2007.

1. So here's my issue.
    I planted seeds in mid-January and now they are 66 days into flowering. After 2 months of initial growth the older fan leaves at the bottom of the plant began turning yellow and falling off. It starts with the tips and works its way towards the stem. Now the newer leaves are turning yellow because all the old leaves have died and fell off.
    During veg they got 24 hrs of light and then 12/12 for flowering
    I didn't fertilize them very much during veg growth. I stopped fertilizing 2 weeks ago to prep for harvesting.

Here are the details:
    SEEDS: Nirvana Haze (Sativa)
    SOIL: Miracle Gro Organic Choice with 0.10-0.05-0.10 of available nutrients
    FERTILIZER: Schultz Plant Food 10-15-10
    LIGHT: 4-T8 Philips Natural Sunshine flo.
    Totals: 128 watts, 11,800 lumens
    Color Temp 5000K, Color Rendering 86
    PLUS: 75 watt incandescent bulb for heat.
    Temp. is 89-90F during the 'day' and 69-70F at 'night'-I flipped the cycle. When the sun goes down, my lights go on.

A mate of mine worked at a plant store for a number of years; he told me an iron deficiency was causing my problems.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT? Thanks. Peace.

Attached Files:

2. dont worry about it now, your too close to harvest to feed the plants

next time grow in single containers , instead of bunching the plant together

feed during veg next time, it will dramatically increase the yields and the plants health, your soil was only good for feeding for approx 30-60 days

3. Here is an update.
    I placed the plants in total darkness for 2 weeks and the buds swelled up as they died. I cut off the buds and dried them upside down for a week with a fan blowing over them. They taste great and smoke even better. An intense head high with slight body high. The initial high is very intense, rushing and then falls to a platuea (sp?) where just smoking swag will return you to that 'out of your mind' (or 'into your mind') head high.

I emptied the wine box the plants were growing in and I saw imprints of the roots on white plastic bag that lined the box. The roots of all three plants had tangled into one massive root ball. The yield was small but the quality was unaffected. Seed bank genes = awesome Bud.

Lessons:
    Soil had no drainage
    Did not use seperate containers
    Did not use enough fertilizer and proper NPK values

Final Dry Weight: 19.4 g of High Quality Shit!

Not bad for my first grow ever. I'm satisfied.
    Keep postin'

4. you have learned alot, & you have alot more to look forward to your next grow:smoke:

5. looks like the late stages of sulfur deficiency combined with toxic salt buildup, too late now but next time use different soil (preferably neutral) and use a complete veg formula.
    this will ensure that you have enough secondary nutrients for florwering stage.
    bud food doesnt usually have as much secondary nutrients as veg food, thats why it is so important...:cool: