yellow leaves brownish spots...(urgent...)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by omid1234, Jul 7, 2012.

1. hi guys...

this is my one month old baby....
    where i stay,i don't have a chance to order seeds online,so i jus started growing some seeds that i found in my stash....
    a week ago, these spots started appearing, what can i do to help my plant??
    is it possible that its a result of over watering????

im a first time grower, so i would like to know how my plant look like???is it a total waste of time???:confused: (have in mind the stash i can get here is really poor in quality...)

cheers..
    have fun smoking...:smoking:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      72 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      46.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      38.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Welcome to the City. Your plants look nice. Be carefull not to over water. Only water them after you stick your finger down an inch or two deep and it dry. What do you feed it?

3. #3 Jackson55, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
    They plant doesn't look bad. It looks a little stretch, which happens from a lack of light. The bad leafs you took pictures of are at the bottom, far away from the lights. Those leafs don't stay healthy for ever. The spots are typical of a calcium deficiency. The light yellow leafs looks like magnesium def. If your using filtered water then you should add "CalMag" additive.

4. #5 omid1234, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    cheer guys....tnx for d support...
    i am giving them filter water....got the epsom salt, and gonna feed it to them with d next water....i was also thinking of drying up some egg shells and sprinkle on d soil for the lack of calcium ....is it good idea???
    what are the additive i can use to set the "CalMag" deficiency in my water???

i already fertilized them with the stuff i could get my hands on... and i think it stopped the yellowing and the spots from speeding further...i think the main problem was the period of fertilizing..i fertilized after 15 days...which was too long im guessing...gonna fertilize next time at 10 days probably....

about the light, i use 4 tubes of florescent, 2 warm and 2 cool day... and i made sure to keep it max 3" away from the top leaves... i cant guess what could be d reason of streaching...

and a question : is there any way for the plant to bring out signs of being male or female in the 16/8 hours cycle???? im just worry that if i have a male plant,it pollinates the female plants...!!!

cheers...

5. BTW, a friend suggested that i cut down the yellow leaves, and get a deeper pot and deep the plant in, so plants put its power on the top shoots....

sounds like a reasonable idea, comment pls..

6. [quote name='"omid1234"']cheer guys....tnx for d support...
    i am giving them filter water....got the epsom salt, and gonna feed it to them with d next water....i was also thinking of drying up some egg shells and sprinkle on d soil for the lack of calcium ....is it good idea???
    what are the additive i can use to set the "CalMag" deficiency in my water???

i already fertilized them with the stuff i could get my hands on... and i think it stopped the yellowing and the spots from speeding further...i think the main problem was the period of fertilizing..i fertilized after 15 days...which was too long im guessing...gonna fertilize next time at 10 days probably....

about the light, i use 4 tubes of florescent, 2 warm and 2 cool day... and i made sure to keep it max 3" away from the top leaves... i cant guess what could be d reason of streaching...

and a question : is there any way for the plant to bring out signs of being male or female in the 16/8 hours cycle???? im just worry that if i have a male plant,it pollinates the female plants...!!!

cheers...[/quote]

You can tell if they are male or female in pre flower look by the stem near the top where the branch meets the stem and there will be a little and I mean little sack looking thing I'll get a pic later today after work an post it here but it will either have a white hair or 2 coming out of it or it will look more like a sack for seeds can't really tell till a certain point into veg where it will show a preflower

7. The name of the product is called "CalMag" it's made by Botanicare, and should be used with filtered water. You can get it at the hydro store.

Unless you can't afford it I wouldn't put salt in water or depend on egg shells. Who really knows the exact amounts. I don't trust half of what I read on forums. I preffer something with instructions for exact amounts. It also has all the other minerals you need. Copper, Zinc, and some other stuff.

Of all the different additives we could all do without, this one you can't.

General Hydro just put out there version of "CalMag", and it's a lot stronger.

GL

8. Here is that pic its the little penis looking thing near the branch at a certain point into veg it will preflower and show you the sex

Attached Files: