Yellow Leaves At 2 Weeks?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by noobslice, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Ok so I'm using the easy organic soil mix for beginners and I noticed the first two actual leaves are turning yellow. I only water when the soil is dry, I don't think I'm overwatering. Temp is 75F occasionally gets a little higher but stays under 80F for sure. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Lol what's "the" easy organic soil mix for beginners recipe?

3. #3 esrplaya, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

@noobslice I wouldn't really sweat it. As long as your new growth looks green and healthy I would say you're okay. I've learned to ignore when some of the older growth yellows or dies simply as long as the rest of the plant looks healthy ;)

4. #4 RWK Nova, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
    Check Ph, Im thinking Nitrogen. It will slow the plants growth down and continue to the next set of leaves.

5. #5 waktoo, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    What's your aeration amendment and at what ratio did you use it? You claim that you're not overwatering, but I bet you are. Please describe EXACTLY what your watering technique is. What size are those plant "pots".

6. It has been my experience that occasionally a brand new soil simply takes some time to "settle into its groove". It is my belief that this is probably due to either of two things - insufficient nutrient cycling due to either insufficient time or insufficient microbe activity which could be the humus source, or the pH is out of whack; again, it just hasn't stabilized yet.

I'm just throwing these items out there from my own experience. It usually always seem to settle in after a few more weeks and all becomes hunky dory on its own - remember; this is a brand new mix and sometimes soils take different times than others to stabilize.

I've had this happen to me as I'm sure many others have as well but it always seems to work itself out.

Any change in the last several days?

J