yellow leaves and purple buds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by railroadgrower, Sep 11, 2010.

1. hi everybody i just took these pictures and hopefully someone can give me some advice on the yellowing leaves of the bigger plant. yes that is 2 plants one pot im about to rip out the smaller plant because im guessing the yellow leaves could have something to do with cramped conditions. besides that i think their both doing real good buds are starting to pop out the smaller one and their turning purple and crystally on the big one.anyway tell me what you think.

Attached Files:

2. just noticed i dont have any good pics of the purple buds il put some up in a few

3. heres the purple!

Attached Files:

4. Keep both plants.

You can trim the yellow leaves off, and the purple is either a trait or from the cold weather

5. I don't know enough about element deficiencies to identify the problem, but aren't yellowing leaves & starting from the bottom a sort of normal behaviour for a ripening female?

I am not a big fan of cutting a leaf that isn't ready to fall off naturally. I'd like to think that as the yellow leaf slowly dries on the stem the rest of the plant is re-covering nutrients stored up in it & invests that in the colas. But I can't prove it.

6. Yellowing leaves are completely natural this time of year. Check out some other people who have posted pics of harvested plants. The fan leaves yellow and begin to drop usually from the bottom up. your plant looks very nice i too am a new england grower and i have some plants that looks very similar. keep up the good work! ps. if i were you id take ur location out, or at least just say mass, seems a tiny bitch sketchy to me. just tryin to help!

7. ^ see i think the opposite, id say that the plants biological response is to yellow out and kill the larger, older fan leaves to make more room for sunlight to hit the developing leaves next to the buds and the buds themselves, therefore once they are over 50% yellow you can clip them, i also cant prove it right now but i could w/ a few more grows

8. How is that the opposite? someones high lol Yes it is the plants natural response to drop the leaves, Just as i said. THe plant is no longer in a veg state and does not need those big leaves to suck up sunlight anymore. It starts from the bottom as those are the oldest and less needed leaves. THe point is, its natural. I add a shot of grow big once in a while as it is high and N to help combat some of the yellowing but its all part of the plants life cycle.

9. i meant the opposite in a sense that i pick them whenever i see them turn yellow as oppose to letting them die off naturally

10. I remove yellow leaves at the point where only a slight touch removes them to avoid having the plants direct resources to heal cut or torn stems.

11. ^ yea good idea, was thinking about lettin em yellow out more

12. yeah your probably right about not displaying my location i changed that. yeah i guess its natural so il leave it be. their turning out to be pretty nice so il post pictures again in a week or two