Yellow leaves and burnt leaf tips

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Beanbag, Sep 24, 2010.

1. #1 Beanbag, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
    My very first grow and I'm getting some yellowing and now brown spots on some of the large leaves that don't get a lot of light. Also have some slightly burnt leaf tips which may be from less oscallating fan over the several days.

What type of medium; soil or hydro? - Coconut Coir
    What brand and type of soil? - Canna
    Indoors or outdoors? - Indoor
    What strain? - Strawberry Cough
    How old are the plants? - 10 weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts? 600 Watt HPS
    How far from the lights? 12 to 18 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? - Daily, tap
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? - Canna A & B 1.5 ml per liter additionally I'm using Root Excelurator .5 ml per liter.
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? - don't know. Ph of the water solution before application is about 6 to 6.5.
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 75 to 80 degrees F
    What size pots? 5 gallon
    Any bugs? Look real close. - Had fungus gnats on and off, treated with Neem oil 9ml per liter in the daily watering water
    Any other pertinent info? - Started 12/12 light 6 days ago. Big leaves were already getting yellow and have been for some time, just more progressed now.

http://lockatron.com/public/checkup sept 24rd/

2. it looks like you have a n-mag def try some Epsom salt that should help

3. Ok no problem. I boosted my Canna A & B added more Root Excelurator (N and Potash) and I'm reading up on the Epsom salt thing. Wondering what's the best way to use it? I see on a few gardening sites they say 2T per gallon once a month in the ration water.

Does that sound right?

4. you should start with 1 table spoon per gallon

5. thank you sir. I'm on it.