Yellow in middle of leaves (Week 2)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trx450sux, Oct 26, 2011.

1. #1 trx450sux, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011
    Hello, Im new to this website and i have never posted a thread in my life so i hope this is right... Anyways this is my first grow, been going for about 2 weeks and a half when i checked the baby today she had some yellow in the middle of the 2nd set of leaves.. Idk if this is a problem or if I should just leave it alone :/ any help is appreciated!

Update: Week 3

Attached Files:

2. Hi..

A little yellow where the leaf is sprouting from the stalk is normal. It usually greens up as it grows out. If it stays yellow, then it could be a nutrient problem...

At 2 or 3 weeks, you can start feeding them a very weak nutrient solution. Some people get too excited and start over feeding them when they are young. This will also cause yellowing.

Good Luck!

3. Looks good I wouldnt worry to much about it..and I dont wanna sound like negative nancy but do they look kinda small for 2 weeks

4. I appreciate the help! I figured it wasn't too much of a problem and yeah I didn't germinate though I just put in there 2 weeks ago lol. So it should be about that height right? Or am I wrong?

5. Every plant is diff all good though

6. Good deal. One more thing, I'm using a caligrowkit and I'm not sure about the nutrients.. I just put the nutrients in the water one time? Then when the flowering stage comes I change the water and add the flowering nutrients? Just once? Lol sorry.. Ima nooooob

7. I learned that I had better success with just putting seed in water for 24 hrs and droping in starter plug...what strain you growing

8. Are you growing hydro or soil and nutes I use once a week

9. Super silver haze. Here's what I've been doing.. I put the seed in, lights on 24/7 about 2 inches away from the plant at all times. I use like 2 fluorescent lights idk the specs I'd have to look. Ummm.. At the start of week 2 I added 1/4 teaspoon of vegetative nutrients kept everything the same.. And at about 3 to 4 weeks I want to top the plant, after that keep everything the same and at 20 inches I plan on changing the water and adding the flowering nutrients and changing the lights from 24/7 to 12/12.. Am I doing anything wrong?

10. Id do 18/6 now for flowering..babies need sleep to...i moticed more growth when I switched to 18/6 from 24/7...idk if I saw or not but were you doing hydro

11. Yessir hydro. And okay so you think I should start doing 18/6 lighting? I've heard that before too..

12. Thats what I did switched to 18/6 and im on day 9 and shes got 6 new leaves commimg out on top of the 4 but they arent as long but theyre wider

13. Got another question.. I switched the lighting to 18/6 I turn the lights off at 12pm when I get off work I turn them on at 6pm.. But on Saturdays I don't think I'll be able to switch the lighting on and off. I go in at about 4:30 pm have a break at around 8 pm then go back to work between 10:30pm-11pm and get off from anywhere between 2 am-4 sometimes but hardly every 5 am. So someone help me!! What should I do?

14. Get a timer at walmart for like 7 bucks...problem solved..i set mine to turn off at 12am and turn on at 6am

15. Nice! I'll try an find one today after work. Thanks!

16. Alright I got one today for about 8 bucks from wal mart.. Kinda confused on how to use it but I'll let you know how it goes!

17. Alright holy shit lol.. I want the lights off between 12 and 6pm and on throughout the rest of the day.. Does this look right? Cause I'm confused as shit.

Attached Files:

18. yeah thats right...but you have to turn the dial until it gets to whatever time it is where your at...

19. Im pretty sure I have it setup right lol. I tested it and it worked so I hope so! Also when I went to turn the lights on I noticed the leaves were kind of drooping and I've heard that's because lack of lighting... But it hasn't happened until I started this new lighting routine.. So is that bad? Or will it adjust to the new lights in a couple of days?