Yellow Everything

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by thcdeficiency, Jun 21, 2022.

1. white widow auto in ocean forest + perlite. spider farmer sf2000 led. feed 1/4 strength fox farms trio, getting a little burn with even that. lots of yellow leaves. it looks semi-ok in this photo but next to my other plants its VERY yellow. did some heavy defoliation previously and lots of LST. last feeding was 6.3ph/630ppm with runoff of 6.15ph/960ppm.

tried epsom salt yesterday thinking its sulfur deficiency. added dolomite lime a week ago when ph was a little low. is the +300ppm runoff the issue? or maybe this is just how this plant looks in early flower? ph is in range so is it just hungry?

thanks!

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Curious - Do you have pictures from 2 or 3 weeks ago? And when did you start the fertilizer addition? Ocean Forrest comes out hot so it wouldn't surprise me if you locked everything up due to the additional synthetic ferts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. #5 GroBuddy, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    Yall stop with the "HOT" Ocean forest. Do yall understand what hot means? That means there's enough organic material in ocean forest to break down then heat up getting too hot for roots. Ocean forest doesn't get that hot unless you may get a bad bag. I've used it for going on 5 years. Most bags would be sitting too long to "heat" up.

As organic material breaks down that process causes heat.

4. Assuming the pH is in a workable range, might need to bump up the micros

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. #7 GroBuddy, Jun 21, 2022
    Look at your ph coming out 6.1 growing in soil that's ph for coco. Nutrients have a availability level in soil need to get ph up around 6.7 not 6.1 if it's coming out less soil is probably anaerobic or whatever that's called. Once a plant is a month old any runoff under 400ppms is too low. When you feed 600 but 900 comes out that means your plants aren't eating all the food given and can stack up, something to keep an eye on. Probably due to low ph

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. 6.1 i good for me, runoff ph was like 5.5 till about a week ago, i couldnt get the ph up for the life of me. i think the lime may be working a little. ill try to get up higher thanks.

ill try to up the nutrients a little thanks.

2-3 weeks ago the plant was green and growing which is why i felt ok defoliating so much. i topped it and the plant never stopped growing. it seems like the yellowing started at around week 5 or 6? which would point to needing more nutrients after ocean forest is drained maybe.

i started adding lime because of the yellowing and my ph runoff was so damn low at 5.5 i couldnt get it higher. i actually hope it moves up further.

7. 6.1 is not good for you your in a organic soil to have healthy plants you have to treat that soil a certain way you have a deficiency but are giving a ph too low for proper nutrient uptake in soil. You didn't even need to ph anything until you started liquid nutrients could be why you're so low and having issues now

8. Organic medium has a rhizosphere and microbes. Those are in the ground it's how plants have thrived since the beginning of time. Those microbes dont need ph. Organic soil with organic material feed those microbes not the plant. Ocean forest feeds microbes not the plant. Those microbes eat the organic material and poop nutrients plant needs. Liquid nutrients are different once organic material in soil is depleted you can either add more and not ph or start a liquid nutrient regiment. Liquid nutrients are readily available they do not cater to soil or rhizosphere as they dont need to everything is readily available for plant consumption meaning liquid nutrients have to be ph to a certain level for proper nutrient uptake by plants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. thanks for the replies, i think i should switch off these liquid nutrients. havent had really any luck. i have some dr earth dry nutrients, maybe ill start top dressing here. any recommendations for nutrients?

10. #12 GroBuddy, Jun 21, 2022
    Get your ph corrected before attempting anything else. Not phing is irrelevant at this point. You're doing fine with runoff readings you may not be doing that correctly. You want to barely water let seep barely water let seep do that slow until water starts slowly dripping from pot catch that in a cup then only enough to stick a probe in for a reading. You want as little of the fresh water to mix with soil as possible for a proper reading. Follow that ppm chart you'll be fine using liquids. Only give enough food to get you back to a good ppm number rather 50ppms of food or 500.

Organics I use are
    444 all purpose down to earth
    394 flower girl Dr. Flower
    Humic acid down to earth
    Worm castings
    Azomite or rock dust down to earth

I'll water with
    VEG- kelp me kelp you, wholly mackerel
    Veg and flower - worm leachate, fish shit, fulvic acid, microbrew, mycorrhizae with molasses.

Could also brew light or strong tea with alfalfa meal, kelp meal, or many other amendments for plant or soil needs

I get enough calcium from tap, yours may be different and might need a oyster shell or gypsum

• Like Like x 1
  11. What size container? If 3g or bigger I'd be hesitant to think your soil ran out of nutrients.

12. amazing info thank you. where do i find whats in my tap water?

its in a tiny 2gal.. i dont know why.

13. I could be very wrong but i am just going to give you My experience. I grew white widow on 4 different occasions and i am growing it now. Every time i flip it too flower the leaves start to yellow i mean everytime. Even the one i am doing now is doing the same thing. After the first time i did it i also had rust spots i guess from cal mag def. So i ended up giving it some seabird and some other stuff that was a whole lot of pk and i rasied the lights just in case it was that. Now i basically do the same thing with every white widow grow and in about a week they turn out fine. It could be what white widow do or they could just take a lot of something when they go into flower I don't know but i think you're fine. I do use a living soil with ocean forest mixed in but I also used different soil mixes in the past. I screenshot a picture from my camera so you can see and to ease your worries. Screenshot_20220621-131428_ACESEE.jpg 20220621131636_15709131_screenshot.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. I never checked my tap its between 700 and 900ppms I think you'll be fine

15. thank you so much for this. these seeds were one of the first i purchased. they are those white label bulk seeds that retailers sell. ive since started buying better seeds but this grow is my 2nd grow ever and 2nd time try using ww auto. i was thinking 'i cant be THIS dumb' when it comes to growing. ill continue getting my ph up a little more and see where this goes thanks!

16. @thcdeficiency
    See the lower left corner of your picture? That pattern of green veins and yellow leaf? That's chlorosis which means iron is locked out now and that happens mostly from PH swings. You're growing in soil so why are you treating it like a hydro grow? You ph soil before you start growing not during and testing the ph of runoff is pointless and you really shouldn't have that much runoff so that you can test it. Think about it, you're practically flushing your plant and maybe that's why she looks hungry too.

PotStrainsForBackPains said, "Assuming the pH is in a workable range, might need to bump up the micros" This is good advice in IMO. Get your hands on a bag of Re-charge. I find a heavy dose of it really stops things from going south in many cases.

And you're in early flower in a 2 gallon. Transplanting might also be a pretty good option since some fresh FFOF would probably be a good idea too. Get a 5 gallon but a 3 would be OK too.

I grow Black Widow photos and fems. Got one going right now and I aint never seen one of mine go yellow after the switch or in early flower. Maybe I'm missing out on something :).

Anyway, good luck and be safe.

• Like Like x 1
  17. thanks for the info! i thought i was supposed to water to 20% runoff. what do you mean ph soil before you start? ill try up the nutrients a little.

i actually have a bag of recharge coming on thursday!

i never thought about repotting it, great idea.

18. I never understood this. If u have however many other plants doing well in the same environment, it’s probably just something in the genetics of the plant. If one plant acts crazy on me like this during a grow, I literally stop showing it attention. Most of the time it’s because I think it’s a failed mission, but nonetheless, I stop tending to it…

99% of the time, the plant that I do that to, ends up being my best plant! Lol. So my opinion? Just feed her water and concentrate on those other beauties, whatever happens happens

• Friendly Friendly x 1